Fussy eater

Options
Slu13
Slu13 Posts: 44 Member
So, I’m struggling with dinner ideas. Breakfast/lunch I can whip up quickly, but dinner is a problem for me so I usually just binge eat.

I need some ideas, I’m quite fussy and hate most veg lol. What’s some of your simple low cal dinners??

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What do you binge on?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    How would what I like, help you, if you don't like many things? If you figure out what your problem is, you may be able to fix it:
    Do you feel dinner preparation takes too much time? What kinds of meals are you making?
    Do you forget to plan your dinners or shop for groceries?
    Do you associate dinner with bad memories from childhood (conflicts at the dinner table, force feeding etc)?
    Do you think all your meals have to be low calorie? How many calories is your daily allowance?
    Do you think you can't eat what you like?
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    What you binge eat. Just not so much of it.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Slu13 wrote: »
    So, I’m struggling with dinner ideas. Breakfast/lunch I can whip up quickly, but dinner is a problem for me so I usually just binge eat.

I need some ideas, I’m quite fussy and hate most veg lol. What’s some of your simple low cal dinners??

A protein, a starch, a vegetable that I like, and a fat that goes with that.

On nights when I don't feel like putting much effort into cooking I have eggs - sometimes scrambled with veggies, sometimes fried with tater tots on the side, sometimes egg, cheese, and bacon in an English muffin.
  • mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12
    mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    It’s easy to say eat whatever you always eat, just less of it. That works. But if you’re like me it would leave you really hungry.

For me I have to rethink what I am eating as well as how much so that I am not starving! I’m vegan and don’t like salad or lots of vegetables - that makes me pretty picky.

If I were you I’d start with the veg I did like and really fill up on those with small portions of protein and refined carbs - if you’re eating lots of veg youlll hit your carb goal without refined carbs but you should eat them if you want them.

I am eating lots of noodles bowls at the moment. lots of veggies that I like - green beans, peas, asparagus, zucchini - with a small portion of whole-wheat noodles and 85g Tofu. I can’t have a mountain of food for dinner for 500csls.

I also keep a couple of 300 calorie ready meals in the freezer so if I get home late I can just add veg and have a quick yummy meal in minutes.

For me a big meal is the most important thing so I eat lots and lots of veg, but the same veg cooked in different ways because there are only a few that I like.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    Relax, stop obey food identity rules.

No ones going to arrest you and lock you up for eating a bowl of breakfast cereal outside of designated breakfast dining hours.

Food is food and doesn't care what time you eat it. Sandwiches don't know they're a "lunch food" so will work just as well at other times of the day.

Eat what you like, when you like as long as you track your calorie intake and stay within your goals.

Don't make things harder than they need to be. Keep it simple

G'luck
  • kristingjertsen
    kristingjertsen Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    A mid afternoon snack helps me avoid binging at dinner because I am not famished. An apple and peanut butter or almonds, a smoothie with protein powder, fruit, and soy or almond milk, popcorn, hummus and mixed veggies or a few triscuits all work to control my appetite. I keep cooked rice, veggies, canned beans, salad makings, canned sardines and tuna so I can put together a quick meal on nights when I am too tired to do a lot of cooking. If I feel the urge to binge, I eat a can of sardines or a handful of nuts--better a few hundred calories from foods that fill you up than a 600 calorie binge on cookies or cake. Hope this helps.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Any combo of salad, beans, rice, sweet potatoes and Trader Joe’s everything but the bagel seasoning works for me most nights.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    What do you like to eat? It is hard to give ideas that you might like without any idea what you currently eat.
    What calorie count are you wanting for dinner? I have 500 calories for dinner. Some people have more and some less.

My dd is picky but she may not be your kind of picky. She "hates vegetables" too but one of her favorite meals is minestrone soup which has lots of vegetables. She likes creamed spinach. She hates tomatoes but loves pasta with tomato sauce. She hates onions but eats them all tbe time mixed in dishes. She hates steak and sea food but eats other meat if it is prepared a way she likes. She eats beans and lentils. She eats eggs. She likes cheeses and yogurt. She loves most fruit. She likes rice. She likes beef stew. Guessing what she would eat wigh only the information that she hates vegetables would be difficult.

Being picky is not an excuse to binge eat.
    Eat food you like in appropriate quantities for your goal. Try to get enough protein, fats and fiber. If you don't like vegetables try fruit.
    Learn to eat different foods. Try new foods prepared different ways and expand what you will eat. I learned to like beans, lentils and green peppers as an adult.