New group for engaged women in Canada

Broejen
Broejen Posts: 413 Member
edited June 2018 in Motivation and Support
Hi all! I lost 85lbs using MFP but gained back 30lbs when I moved and got comfortable living with my boyfriend. Now that I’m engaged to him, I need to lose that 30lbs but also I’d like to have a group where Canadian women can get ideas, recommendations, and opinions on things (dresses, rings, invitations, etc.) as they plan their weddings. There aren’t many groups specifically for Canadians so I created one myself here on MFP. Please join me in Engaged in Canada!

**you do NOT need to be actively losing weight at this time in order to join, just be planning a wedding now or in the near future!

Replies

• Broejen
    No Canadians planning a wedding right now?
  • candacetysick
    candacetysick Posts: 4 Member
    Just joined today! We don't have an exact date yet but will be getting married sometime next spring / summer.

I gained about 35lbs in the last couple years. Combination of bad eating habits, stress eating & not exercising caught up to me. Now that we finally have a vague idea of when we're getting married I really want to slim down, and also just get healthier
  • Broejen
    You are welcome to join the group! There’s only me in there right now LOL I changed the name to Planning a Wedding in Canada.
  • candacetysick
    Lol. We'll get others to join eventually
  • Broejen
    Did you get my invite to the group? It’s private so no one can see what’s posted except for the members in it.
  • candacetysick
    No I haven't gotten any invites yet
  • Broejen
    I just sent another one. If it doesn’t get to you, you can always search for it in the Groups section.