diet pills advice needed

Options
has anybody actually had any success with diet pills i.e. acai berry, adios, etc or is it all phsycological i have also read these pills can be dangerous, just wanted to know if anyone had any personal experiences with them xx thanks xx

Replies

• lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Here's the best advice anyone can give you:

diet pills are danbgerous.

They do not work long term.

They will screw up your body.

Eventually, you will need to change your eating and exercise habits on your own. A pill will never teach you to do that!
  • FK1983
    FK1983 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Here's the best advice anyone can give you:

diet pills are danbgerous.

They do not work long term.

They will screw up your body.

Eventually, you will need to change your eating and exercise habits on your own. A pill will never teach you to do that!
    ^This x1000! stay away from diet pills!!!!
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Diet pills bad.

Pretty much what the above posters stated.

They don't work long term. As soon as you go off of them, your appetite will come back and if you have not changed your eating habits you'll gain everything back. Then you'll go back on the diet pills, and then it's just a vicious cycle.

It's better to just exercise and find a good, well rounded nutrition plan.

God bless!
  • Nursebeachnut
    Options
    Just one easy word. NO! ...stay away. Eat well, and exercise.
  • ericaonji
    Options
    In the past when i first stared loseing weight years ago, i used 1-a-day weight smart..worked wonders!! had all the vitiams and evything that i usually miss in food(not a good cook). it really sped up my Metabolism. but thoes are so hard to find now and i think they stop makeing them and started making 1-a-day women's active metabolism..its not the same less effective.
    So i went and bought the green tea fat burner both kinds..it didnt do much at all plus its has caffeine and ull end up takeing 6pills a day..results didnt last long and always had jitters
    So now that im on my weight loss routine again i went back to wat worked for me which is the 1-a-day..like i said it is less effective but it still works..b/c its helps ur insides get better rather than tricking it to lose weight temp (which mean u will contantly have to buy it to keep the weight off)

To each it's own..do wat works for you. b/c not evy body is the same and wont react to medz the same either
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    There's no magic pill, sorry. Like the above posters said, even if something works short term, you can't sustain it for the rest of your life. The only thing that will work long term, and help you avoid the frustration of yo-yoing, is to make healthy life changes in food exercise.
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Personally, I will never take "diet pills." When I was a kid, my mom was babysitting two little girls who lived in our neighborhood while their mom was at work. Their mom never came home that day--she died of a heart condition cused by diet pills. S
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Personally, I will never take "diet pills." When I was a kid, my mom was babysitting two little girls who lived in our neighborhood while their mom was at work. Their mom never came home that day--she died of a heart condition cused by diet pills. S

I'm sure they would have rather had their mom with them with a few extra pounds, and she would have made that choice as well. That is a very sad story!!!!!!
  • Myobi
    Myobi Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I tried diet pills once in college because exercise and diet had done nothing to help me lose weight. I'd been taking them for about a week and had noticed my energy had gone up, and I was soooo stoked. A couple of days later (about a week and a half after starting to take the pills), I noticed it felt like I could hardly get my breath. I was breathing just fine, but I still felt like I was suffocating.

I went to the doctor's office, and my heart rate was through the roof (~190-200 sitting). My heart was literally going so fast that my blood didn't have time to collect hardly any oxygen from the lungs. The doctor there let me know that people can have VERY adverse reactions to the ingredients in diet pills. She advised me to take it incredibly easy the rest of the day and to not take the diet pills anymore.

(And we later found out that I have hypothyroidism, which has been a royal pain in the butt for 5-6 years now. But at least I can breathe. Yay!)
  • kezziemc
    kezziemc Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I tried Adios two years ago and after about a month ended up with palpitations which I am now on medication for. My heart is calming down now but it'll take a few more years to ween off my medication.

Don't do it.
  • bowmanj35
    bowmanj35 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What about green tea extract pills? They dont have an appetite suppressant, just designed to increase metabolism...
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    the only pills i suggest are multivitamins!
  • bextoye
    bextoye Posts: 46
    Options
    thanks xx for all your helpx
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,725 Member
    Options
    Yep, here's the experience. If I added up the money I spent on them for losing a few, I could have bought a new LED 50" TV. Damn.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I think acai just makes people poop and I think in general people don't go as much as they should so thats why they take acai. I heard somewhere that if you're constipated you can be holding in up to 13lbs of poop.

I think I have blood sugar issues, so I try and have small snacks between meals and I take a blood sugar supplement now and then. It has chromium in it and chromium is good for regulating blood sugar and is a natural app. suppressant. I don't feel faint, shakey, with bad acid reflux anymore since I have snacks and/or take the supplement.

I'm very sensative to caffeine, so I stay away from diet pills with it in it.
    Also, if you're a woman and take bc, the half-life of caffiene takes longer to get out of your system by half, so if it usually takes 6hrs, it would take 9 so you can easily take too much and feel jittery.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    What about green tea extract pills? They dont have an appetite suppressant, just designed to increase metabolism...

Do 5 jumping jacks and you'll get the same effect for free.