Adopt me! One free noob available for adoption. Needs motivated adoptee. Or a few motivational tips!

Options
cabriokata
cabriokata Posts: 3 Member
Hello,
I am a noob. I have tried and failed to lose weight multiple times.
Tried to diet- failed. Grilled chicken and sautéed veggies can only be interesting for so long. Also very expensive to maintain. I frequent Aldi.
Tried to exercise but I’m 23 and apparently my knees aren’t willing to put up with that kinda bs. Jogging was great but my knees weren’t up for the challenge even though I lost a considerable amount of weight with it.

Please help,
Don’t give up,
I could be your success story,
I’ll let you use me as a recommendation for when you go to be a nutritionist or something

Thanks in advance for any sort of help or advice you have to offer!
Adopt me or don’t, I’ll accept motivation as well.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Raises hand, I will. But you gotta give me 10 if you sass me! Lol
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,368 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 lbs since last November & have been keeping it off. Things that worked for me are:Not to think of this as any type of diet but a changed way of eating, something I can do the rest of my life. As time went by I was aware of what I ate & decided to eliminate some things completely, either because I couldn't eat only a portion or I didn't like it enough to keep it in my food diary, for example I love sausages, most kinds, bratwurst, cheddar wurst, you name it so I substitute turkey or chicken sausage but decided not to eat the other kind. weigh everything, find out by trial & error what keeps you full & gives you the most energy, example is I don't like breakfast tho I did eat it for a while, I had several small meals for a while but I felt hungry so I have a large brunch & my 2nd largest meal is dinner & I'm not hungry most of the time, especially eating higher protein. The other think that helped me was not to be in a hurry or try to lose it fast
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Make sure to sign up for the MFP newsletter. It has recipes so you won't get bored eating the same thing. You also won't break the bank eating well. There are a bunch of blogs out there as well. Try skinnytaste.com for more recipe ideas. Greatist has a bunch of healthy living stuff as well as recipes.

Add exercise or not, but NO excuses! I'm 59 and run most days. Can't run? There are tons of exercise videos on youtube - anything from kill me now to gentle walking, 10 minutes to over an hour. Seriously, exercise gives you a stronger body and (bonus) you can eat more calories than chintzy MFP gives you per day.

I lost 70ish pounds here and have kept them off for 3 years.

Best wishes on your journey.
  • cabriokata
    Options

mk2fit wrote: »
    Make sure to sign up for the MFP newsletter. It has recipes so you won't get bored eating the same thing. You also won't break the bank eating well. There are a bunch of blogs out there as well. Try skinnytaste.com for more recipe ideas. Greatist has a bunch of healthy living stuff as well as recipes.

Add exercise or not, but NO excuses! I'm 59 and run most days. Can't run? There are tons of exercise videos on youtube - anything from kill me now to gentle walking, 10 minutes to over an hour. Seriously, exercise gives you a stronger body and (bonus) you can eat more calories than chintzy MFP gives you per day.

I lost 70ish pounds here and have kept them off for 3 years.

Best wishes on your journey.

Thank you for your advice! I’ll have to look into those two! Great job on the weight loss by the way! :)
    I suppose come payday, I’ll get myself a good pair of walking shoes and start off with the small things!
  • pilarslayer
    pilarslayer Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I added you :)
  • cabriokata
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • Iffiormana
    Iffiormana Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I have been fat all my life and tried every freaking diet.But now at age of 28 I finally realized that only thing which works for me is eating less.I’m not eating healthy tbh I’m just eating less.Like today I knew I was going out to meet my friend so just ate wheatbix in the morning and met my friend in the evening,ate a burger there which zero sugar coke.Haven’t eaten anything afterwards abd walked for 2.5hours.So yea eating less calories and burning cals can inly help you in loosing weight
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I am willing to adopt. I used to be morbidly obese (+350lbs), down to 175lbs and still dropping. With more than 10 years of experience in "diets" I'm an expert in every diet that doesn't work. I only know one way that works, long term.

PS: I know 100's of lower calorie recipes that aren't plain chicken breast and steamed veggies.... Because, yes, that does get very boring. Bonus: most of the recipes I have are also fairly inexpensive as I'm not independently wealthy and have to live on a realistic budget.