GI problems during dieting?

Options
I have had nothing but one GI problem after another sicne I have lost 26lbs. I have been plateaued for quite some time because I have been so ill. Gall bladder issues, IBS issues, food sensitivities, etc... When I ate everything but the kitchen sink and was gaining - I felt totally fine, and now that I am watching what I eat I feel like total crap. Anyone else having these issues crop up with weight reduction. I have been too ill to work out for almost a month. :(

Replies

• SafariLara
    SafariLara Posts: 172
    Options
    Yeah I developed a gluten intolerance! So weird. I was also diagnosed with IBS and dispepsia. SO weird, I started eating normal again for a few months and even though I gained a little back, it helped with digestive issues
  • nansidhe
    nansidhe Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It may be with the dieting that you have weaked your immune system a little and now it's just easier to be affected by the bad bacteria that can be found in foods.

Have you tried a probiotic? I started taking a probiotic and the only time I get sick now is when I haven't taken it for a while. I use "Ultimate Flora Critical Care," 50 Billion count. They were recommended by a doctor that works with Dr. Oz (I forget his name) and they work like a charm.

I also have the worst problem with processed foods; so I switched to all natural and that helped too, I no longer get sick from the types of foods I used to eat as long as I make them from scratch.

Hope it helps!
    Nan