Popsugar or other YouTube workouts

For awhile I was only watching fitness blender videos but I’ve been getting bored w Kelly’s not so motivating workouts so i switched to popsugar which I’m loving. Which are your favorites? What other YouTube workouts do you like?

Replies

• genpopadopolous
    genpopadopolous Posts: 411 Member
    Fitnessblender and HasFit are pretty much all I use.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Pahla Bowers Fitness, Jessica Smith and Yoga with Adriene
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Here are some of my favs:

The Body Project
    Walking with Leslie
    Yoga with Tim
    LiveStrong- "Stronger" Workouts
    https://www.livestrong.com/article/1012121-10-workouts-fitter-stronger/
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    I do love fitness blender! Sometimes I play music during their workouts and that helps. I recently discovered gymra and I like them too!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    edited June 2018
    What about Kellis workouts do you fund unmotivating? Genuinely curious. Tried any of Daniels?
  • isabellew94
    isabellew94 Posts: 2 Member
    ClutchLife or Bowflex workouts are great!
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    What about Kellis workouts do you fund unmotivating? Genuinely curious. Tried any of Daniels?

I understand why someone would say they aren't motivating. Everything is very monotone and boring- they only say exactly what they need to, and you're just watching one person with a plain white background and no music or anything. The ladies in the popsugar workouts are very personable and will continually say motivating things throughout the workout and constantly encourage you to keep going. I really like Chris Powell's workout videos for the same reason. He can be a bit cheesy, but I appreciate the encouragement. I know some people like just the plain functionality of the fitness blender workouts. I do them sometimes and they're not bad workouts, but they're definitely not "fun." Different strokes for different folks.

OP, I also like:
    Chris Powell "The Workout"- if you can do popsugar definitely start with level 3
    Joanna Soh- cardio kickboxing is my favorite, but she has tons
  • tracyleecarver1971
    tracyleecarver1971 Posts: 20 Member
    Any suggestions for YouTube workout videos that don’t necessarily involve the legs as much? I know that sounds crazy but I have a torn miniscus in my left knee & can’t do much because of that right now. Thank you for any suggestions. Friend requests welcome :-)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Exercise TV and Tae Bo are fun.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Great suggestions, can't wait to try them!
  • plain_jane
    plain_jane Posts: 49 Member
    I used to do mostly fitness blender and some beachbody DVDs. I recently found and have really been enjoying Sydney Cummings and she posts a new workout every single day which is amazing to me. I like the variety.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    edited June 2018
    Avidkeo wrote: »

I understand why someone would say they aren't motivating. Everything is very monotone and boring- they only say exactly what they need to, and you're just watching one person with a plain white background and no music or anything. The ladies in the popsugar workouts are very personable and will continually say motivating things throughout the workout and constantly encourage you to keep going. I really like Chris Powell's workout videos for the same reason. He can be a bit cheesy, but I appreciate the encouragement. I know some people like just the plain functionality of the fitness blender workouts. I do them sometimes and they're not bad workouts, but they're definitely not "fun." Different strokes for different folks.

OP, I also like:
    Chris Powell "The Workout"- if you can do popsugar definitely start with level 3
    Joanna Soh- cardio kickboxing is my favorite, but she has tons

Oh I get it as well, but wanted to see what she found unmotivating. If it was the lack of music for example, then my suggestion would be to play music during it. If it was something else, like the structure, too repetitive I would suggest she look at their bored easily structure which doesn't repeat exercises. If it was as you say, no real encouragement then I'd suggest look for popsugar or similar. That why I asked for specifics. And definitely right about the different strokes. I like Kelly, because she is real, doesn't fake anything, makes mistakes and is human. Even she finds some of the workouts really tough. I tried one other group that were "fancier" with microphones, all smiles throughout and constant "you can do it". It drove me bonkers. Hated it. I prefer the simplicity of fitness blender. That said their earliest videos with Kelli doing it, and Daniel narrating are awful lol

So my main advice is find something that works for you. That's the great thing about having so many options.
  • tarajones9898
    tarajones9898 Posts: 11 Member
    Chloe ting workouts are great
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    I like jessicasmith tv the best for variety, personality and Peanut the dog.
    Pahla Bowers and Leslie Sansone are good too.
    I've been trying out Yoga with Adrienne and Yoga TX. There are good points to both.