I love sweet potatoes!!

Replies

• sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Shredded, then stir-fried with a little oil and garlic, green onions, soy sauce, fish sauce, and beef or fish. Top with cilantro.
  • passenger79
    passenger79 Posts: 257 Member
    I love them! Eat sweet potato fries cooked in Actifry,baked sweet potato with bacon and cheese,sweet potato curry with passata and coconut milk...I love smoked paprika spice and put it on pretty much everything it's lovely on sweet potatoes. Baked potato witj dollop of peanut butter is lush too.
  • MsNP
    MsNP Posts: 27 Member
    Roasting them is the best! I add some cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg with a small amount of butter and it tastes heavenly!
  • LadySanguin
    LadySanguin Posts: 29 Member
    MsNP wrote: »
    Roasting them is the best! I add some cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg with a small amount of butter and it tastes heavenly!

Totally reminds me of pumpkin pie
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Sweet potato toast:D Can slice it and pop right into toaster for a few rounds
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    I made a sweet potato soup with ginger. Surprisingly really really good. Just google it and you'll find some great recipes.
  • natereed313
    natereed313 Posts: 1 Member
    Steaming is the healthiest method.

When I was in China I often saw small sweet potatoes steamed in the skin for breakfast. Just poke a few holes and steam them until they are nice and soft. If they are large, then cut them into smaller pieces. Add a little sea salt for flavor.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Honestly, I just bake them and eat them plain. Your fam can add butter, sugar, whatever.
  • TrickyRicky63
    TrickyRicky63 Posts: 12 Member
    Me too...
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    I slice them vertically and roast them face-down on foil sprayed w/ cooking spray at 375 degrees for 40 minutes. Perfect every time with crispy, caramelized edges.
  • peggy_polenta
    peggy_polenta Posts: 310 Member
    i like them just baked with butter. but another great way...baked them till just under baked. slice them very thick horizontally. put them on a foiled baking sheet and sort of score the the flesh. then sprinkle a very small amount of brown sugar and drizzle real maple syrup and put back in the oven to finish baking or broil.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I eat them baked and topped with cottage cheese and green onions for dinner. I also like them roasted with olive oil, sea salt, and rosemary.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,243 Member
    Goingagain wrote: »
    Sweet potato & red lentil curry. I add chicken too but optional. So filling you don't need rice

Love sweet potatoes in curry. Great contrast of flavors and the sweetness really cuts through the spices.

Also use them in stir fry to bulk them up, especially if I am going all veggies. The sweet potatoes contrast great with the saltiness and the heat from the Sriracha or chili paste I use in it.

Finally, I love to add them to a veggie hash with eggs instead of using all conventional potatoes.
  • Nikki_Lee12
    Nikki_Lee12 Posts: 45 Member
    My fiance and I have been cutting them in fry shape and then baking them in the oven with olive oil (20 mins). Once baked we add "nacho" ingredients on top and then broil them(7 minutes) and call them sweet potato nachos.
    Our toppings are usually fire roasted corn, jalapenos, and a Mexican crema but you could really get creative!
    So easy and so tasty.
  • joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    I'm trying to incorporate more sweet potato recipes into my family's life style. Any good recipes that the whole fam can enjoy that won't kill my healthy eating?

Cubed and roasted with brussels sprouts and pecans, drizzle with sugar free syrup and cinnamon. H*ckin' awesome.
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Love them as well but darn can they be hard to cut sometimes! Haha
  • NoExcusesFromNowOn
    NoExcusesFromNowOn Posts: 76 Member
    I love the organic lighter colored ones. Olive oil, cinnamon, nutmeg & Ginger. Yummm
  • BlowPopKisses
    BlowPopKisses Posts: 1,482 Member
    km6rrqaijvhk.jpg

Ingredients
    1 tBsp Olive Oil ....... 1 tBsp Rosemary ....... ½ Red Onion
    1 Jalapeno .............. 4 Eggs ..................... 1 Clove minced Garlic
    1 Sweet Potato ........ 2 Bell Peppers ........ 2 Green Onions

- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Add diced sweet
    potato, cover and let cook for approximately 10 minutes or until it
    begins to soften, stirring occasionally.
    - Add the diced red onion and minced garlic to skillet and stir.
    - Add 2 diced bell peppers, 2 diced green onions (whites removed),
    diced jalapeno and rosemary to skillet. Cover and let cook for
    5 minutes, or until sweet potato is tender.
    - Create 4 wells inside of the vegetables, not too close to the edges of the
    skillet, but far enough apart that no gaps form between them. Crack
    one egg into each well.
    - Cover and cook 3-5 minutes more or until eggs are your desired
    consistency.
    ENJOY!
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Baked whole in the oven to caramelize the natural sugars and then topped with almond butter, sugar free maple syrup or stevia , cinnamon and salt. Soooo good
  • KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    i love them baked, mashed roasted. we often roast them with peppers and red onion. You can make sweet potato toast by slicing them into bread sized slices, under the grill then top with whatever. i use sweet potato mash on top of shepherd and cottage pie. I put small diced amounts in curries to add bulk along with lentils. Sweet potato and quiona cakes are awesome