Daily Minimums

Options
Hi All!

A few people (myself included) use daily minimums as away of keeping themselves going, even when they've had a horrible day and nothing has gone well.

For example, my daily minimums are:
1. Drink 3ltrs of water
2. Get 10,000 steps

So no matter how bad a day I've had, if I've over eaten by 1,000kcal, if I haven't done my yoga, if I planned a day of eating and then completely ignored it... If I achieve my daily minimums, it's been good day!

The idea is to start of small and work your way up to lots of healthy habits that are ingrained in your day. I started off trying to drink more water and then when I was confident I'd nailed that down I moved onto the steps (which I still struggle with).

What are your daily minimums that help you succeed?

Replies

• Iffiormana
    Iffiormana Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Exactly that’s what I’m trying to do.Eating under 1500cals daily then I don’t mind if I have eaten pizza,I’m trying to achieve my 10K steps daily but now a days I got blisters under my feet so I can do 8K.I drink tons of water so I’m good to go
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    There is a thread called "One Day at a Time" in the Challenge forum. You can post your daily goals on a day-by-day basis. For example, you could set your minimums the same each day and add a few extras in here and there. But yeah, I great way to track other progress.

My current daily minimums involve:
    water
    steps
    sleep
    active hours
    cals (ofc)
    purposeful exercise

These are some of the things I track :smile:
  • blumenstockbj
    blumenstockbj Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I really like this idea !! Would love to join ♥️
    I’m 62 and have RA which makes it hard to move - I then get frustrated - the accountability is what I need !! Even if having a bad day, doing “the minimum” should make me feel like I’m still moving forward.

My Daily Minimum::
    1. 8 Glasses / 64 oz of water
    2. 4,000 Steps
    3. .

Thank you
  • blumenstockbj
    blumenstockbj Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Yesterday not a good day. RA had feet swollen & hurting so don’t get the steps in & water only 6 glasses. Hopefully today will be better.

My Daily Minimum::
    1. 8 Glasses / 64 oz of water
    2. 4,000 Steps
    3. Bible Study

Barb B
    Thank you