Back after a year ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

A year ago I successfully lost over a stone using MFP ๐Ÿ‘ but I got fed up with tracking and gradually let it slip ๐Ÿ‘Ž. Over time I realised my jeans were getting tighter until one day last week I was gettting undressed and caught my reflection in the mirror ๐Ÿ˜. I couldn't ignore it anymore. I jumped on the scales and was gutted to find I was almost back at my starting weight from over a year ago ๐Ÿ˜ญ. I realised that in less than 11 weeks I'll be mostly spending my time in a bikini ๐Ÿ‘™(nooooo! ๐Ÿ˜ซ) although (holiday booked - so yay! ๐Ÿ˜„). I figured what better motivation could I need to get lose some pounds and get back on track๐Ÿ. So here I am!

It would be great to make some new friends for mutual motivation and snack tips๐Ÿ“ (I'm big on snacking ๐Ÿ˜‹ so feel free to add me.

A little about me, I'm a PhD student in forensic psychology๐Ÿค“, love dogs and have two๐Ÿถ๐Ÿถ, enjoy tv box set binges ๐Ÿ“บ, reading ๐Ÿ“–, theatre ๐ŸŽญ, art ๐ŸŽจ and gaming ๐ŸŽฎ. If you're still reading this - over to you ๐Ÿ˜

P.S. I'm not usually so emoji heavy, was just feeing a bit creative... and silly ๐Ÿ˜œ

Replies

• adortiz1990
    adortiz1990 Posts: 46 Member
    Welcome back! I came back a couple of months ago and then fell off for a month and started again. I've always been active, but my eating habits are horrible. So I am looking for motivation and accountability. I need a reason to log everyday and keep track.

I am working on an MBA concentration in Finance. I am sure I will go back for a PhD is business because I love to learn. I am a full time mom, wife, and student with a full time job. I'm always doing something. I'm hoping to make friends that have the same goal as me.

I'm not so focused on weight as I am health. I lost a baby and am looking to expand my family, but I know I have to get healthy first because Lord knows another lose like that would absolutely break me.
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Welcome back!
  • DwerryMouse
    DwerryMouse Posts: 24 Member
    Hey, so sorry to hear that. You must be very strong to come through that. Health is my number one priority too. I think it's a healthier approach yet I can't help but poke at my wobbly bits and wish them away. You did really well to come back after only a month off! I wish I was that good the first time around but I'm determined to stick to it this time :)