Does anyone out there do 9Round???

Options
I posted about this before and I didn't even get one response. If you being to a 9Round gym, how do you like it?

Replies

• flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Are you in New Zealand? The reason I ask is because 9Round is popular here. I do it on occasion to mix up my usual workout programme.
    No, I'm in California. I guess it's not as popular here yet. It's fun, hard but fun.
  • hfallelo
    hfallelo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Joined this past November and love it! Go 5x week. Best workout out there in my opinion.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    It sounds like a good workout. I can’t afford it though. The location by me has a “Special” for $300 for 3 months. If $100 a month is the special price, I’m a little nervous to see what normal pricing is. The rest of the gyms around me range from $36-40 a month which fits easily into my budget.
  • fuzzylop_
    fuzzylop_ Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    No,but it looks pretty similar to other kickboxing fitness classes i've done (ones with heavy bags, not just cardio kickboxing classes where you're just kicking air).
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    It sounds like a good workout. I can’t afford it though. The location by me has a “Special” for $300 for 3 months. If $100 a month is the special price, I’m a little nervous to see what normal pricing is. The rest of the gyms around me range from $36-40 a month which fits easily into my budget.

The one by me has a standard rate of $250/month. I have NO idea how they manage to stay in business. I had a free trial week and I really enjoyed it, but there's no way I could afford even the special price you mentioned.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

The one by me has a standard rate of $250/month. I have NO idea how they manage to stay in business. I had a free trial week and I really enjoyed it, but there's no way I could afford even the special price you mentioned.

That’s insane. Even a family membership to our local YMCA is cheaper than their “special” price and that includes access to an indoor pool.
    I think I would really enjoy it...if it was actually affordable, but they just seem really expensive.