any advice or suggestions to work out at home

Options
fatii01
fatii01 Posts: 12 Member
Hey everyone.
I decided to start doing general workouts for losing weight specially for my lower body.
So i was wondering which program should i follow. I used to run in the past but it becomes hard to run outside.
Any suggestions for a YouTube channel or an Application that would help me to reach my goal.
Wish you all having a great day :).

Replies

• spatula69
    spatula69 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Morning,
    You tube is a great place to go, I subscribe to Rebecca Louise, Whitney Simmons, Hanna Oberg and GymRa. Depending on what type of workout you are looking for you should find what you need in that lot. Lol
    I use a google chrome to cast the videos to my tv and so I can see clearly the form and exercises that I'm doing.

Have fun :-)
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I subcribe to Pahla Bowers, just love her workouts! Jessica Smith is also really good! Leslie Sansone Walk at Home is good too. I also do yoga with Yoga with Adriene - awesome youtube channel!
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I subscribe to Jessica Smith, she was the first to make me actually enjoy and look forward to workout at home =)
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    I lost 20kg using fitnessblender. Their videos are all free or you can buy a cheap 4-8 week program that tells you what video to do each day.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    fatii01 wrote: »
    Hey everyone.
    I decided to start doing general workouts for losing weight specially for my lower body.
    So i was wondering which program should i follow. I used to run in the past but it becomes hard to run outside.
    Any suggestions for a YouTube channel or an Application that would help me to reach my goal.
    Wish you all having a great day :).

Just remember you can't spot reduce so don't get discouraged if you are losing how you want
  • audreys03
    audreys03 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing darebee.com. They are simple, no equipment workouts that are easy to do at home. There are a lot of different programs to follow, including some that are a bit more fun than others. They also have a couple apps you can use too.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    If you're goal is simply to lose weight, then follow whatever program and do whatever workouts you want. Pick ones that you are most apt to stick to and most ap to work hard during (whatever working hard means to you, based on your ability).

Then make sure you're eating the right amount of calories, and doing so consistently. Often times, that's a lot harder than it sounds... but it's where the progress most often comes from (not the exercise, but the diet/intake).
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    My recommendation is to develop a pattern. So when its time to workout, its just like brushing your teeth, this is my time to do this every day. The key to any fitness plan is consistency. So plan for certain time everyday to be in your workout space physically and mentally. Keep your space prepared so that you can set up and go pretty easily without road blocks or distractions.
  • whitey_71
    whitey_71 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use 2.

"You are your own gym"

IOS:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bodyweight-training-you-are/id416981420?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4
    Droid:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.leafcutterstudios.yayog#?t

and

"Home Workout"
    (just started this one, I do the total body plan and the lower body plan in succession, so far so good)

IOS:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/home-workout-no-equipments/id1313192037
    Droid:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=homeworkout.homeworkouts.noequipment&hl=en_US

I also have bands to assist with these exercises and/or increase difficulty. These are great when traveling or just to do at home.

• LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    My standard reply for females is Strong Curves by Bret Contreras and Kellie Davis. There are four different workouts in this .pdf file and one of them is for working out at home w/o weights. Check it out.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I like a lot of videos from The Firm, I borrow them from the library. I'm also into kickboxing (like Turbo Jam and TurboFire), and there are several on YouTube with different instructors that are also good. PopSugar and exercise TV have some fun workouts. Just look around and try a few things to see what you like. Try to do cardio and strength training (not necessarily at the same time). You can't spot reduce, so only doing lower body exercises, thinking it will help you lose there faster, would not be in your best interest.
  • Howieazb216
    Howieazb216 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    We subscribe to the beach body steaming service. All the workouts (including all variations of insanity) are included. About $100 a year
  • ByFaith4Life4Christ
    ByFaith4Life4Christ Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I just started Jamie Eason Livefit. May have to modify a few exercises.
  • ocnldy
    ocnldy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I do all my workouts at home. I joined a gym over the winter but it was just to use the treadmill. I love Yoga with Adrienne, PopSugar, and IdealShape. IdealShape is about selling their products but they have a 12 week program I really like.
  • ahmedabufoul
    ahmedabufoul Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I can provide you a full body exercises at home if you have barabell or Dumbbells that you can add weights to.
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender.com and Hasfit.com. You can also find their workouts on youtube. They have an abundance of upper & lower body strength as well as cardio. I feel that they have everything needed for a good workout.
  • CherylG1983
    CherylG1983 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    When I first started exercising, I did Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. It was great for beginners because there's a good modifier, plus it wasn't all cardio, it's a 3-2-1 circuit program. I lost 18 pounds during my first round.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    FitnessBlender is great.

Popsugar has a lot of guest videos - you can browse them to find instructors you like, then look up more from that instructor.
  • marjoyrin123
    marjoyrin123 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Walk walk walk !!!
    Go to free app Pacer
    It is compatible with my fitness pal,to let yoiu k,is number of steps and mileage
    It will calculate into the exercide section and transfer into calories
  • redkitten25
    redkitten25 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you are willing to make the investment up front for strength training, I am a huge fan of the TRX. It seems a little pricy for what is basically a set of fancy web straps (although cheap knock-offs are out there) but you can do pretty much any exercise you can do with weights or on a machine, using your body weight for resistance. It can hook to a door (although I finally put a ceiling mount in the bedroom for mine for a bit more versatility) and you can work out in an area about 4' x 6'. Then the whole things stores in a bag which you can chuck in the closet when not using. And I take mine whenever I travel. I have been using for more than 10 years now and it is still the most used piece of equipment I have ever owned.

As far as cardio, I can second some of the above posters that Leslie Sansones "Walk at Home" videos are outstanding, and a bunch are free on YouTube. I can't do high impact due to previous injuries, but those provide a great workout. I refer to it as "low impact aerobics for uncoordinated people" (which I am).