Cyclist loosing weight to get quicker anyone else?

Options
Hi I Cycle and my main motivation is to get quicker on the bike. I am going to loose around 10kg and would love some cycling buddies who are also on MFP to join me. I am from the UK, but live in Spain

Replies

• OnthatStuff
    OnthatStuff Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Seems like we're in the same boat, as your story sounds similar to my own: slim down + get faster! :smile:
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I slimmed down to get faster ...... I also slimmed down WAY too aggressively and lost a crap load of power. Now eating correctly and following structured training plans on the bike ... as well as running and lifting to get my strength, power and speed back.

Where abouts in Spain are you ? ..... mountains ?
  • pjlanich
    pjlanich Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been working at this cycling thing for about 8 years now. It's a constant battle trying to lose weight. I'm at 200 pounds and 6'2". I'm now at about 100 mi/week over about 3 rides/week keeping the HR above 135 bpm and 16.5 mph. I'm burning about 1400 calories/ride but constantly dealing with overeating. Fitness level is great but consumption of food is not. Would love to be 185 pounds as gravity is not my friend at 200 pounds up hills.
  • twicedaily76
    twicedaily76 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a UK cyclist add me, also on Garmin connect
  • jessicastanfill
    jessicastanfill Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Me too on the post ride over eating!!
    Trying to drop the weight but not the power.

I find that eating a lot while riding keeps me from over eating after the ride. I snack on something every 45 minutes, and include fat, carbs and protein in my snacks. If I fuel myself while I ride, I will eat with control the rest of the day. The snacks also help fuel my ride so I don't burn out as quickly.

I really enjoy gummy bears, protein drinks, babybel cheese, and banana chips on my rides :)