MINI GOAL ONE WEEK CHALLENGE

Options
MINI GOAL ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Focusing on one week at a time, when the big picture seems to overwhelming. Small changes can bring on big results!!

FOR THE WEEK OF: August 14 to August 20, 2011

Choose one of more things you want to work on for just this week. Don't set it too high or unreachable!!

Please, make your week the week that works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week!

You can reach your main goal if you break it into small actionable steps. It’s could be as easy as 1-2-3!

1) Choose something you know you can do easily.
2) Add more difficult tasks to your plan.
3) These small steps will get you started, motivated & help build routine for long term success!!
Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or a get back on track week?

Replies

• MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    My goals for the week.
    1. week 10 P90X
    2. 3 non P90X workouts
    3. try a new food or recipe everyday

The week for me will be Sunday to Saturday.
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this. I've started the 30 day shred twice now but I can't seem to keep it continuous. My goal for the week is to do it everyday. It's only 30 minutes. I CAN find time for this. Thanks MAK!

1) Do 30 DS lvl 1 every day this week (Starting sun 8/14/11)
    Just want to stick with this one for the week since I've had so much trouble with it.
  • MAK_01
    Options
    I would like to join this. I've started the 30 day shred twice now but I can't seem to keep it continuous. My goal for the week is to do it everyday. It's only 30 minutes. I CAN find time for this. Thanks MAK!

Welcome Cenedria! Good luck on your goal. I know you can do this. Trying to find time in the day is always a goal for me. Feel free to post as little or as much as you would like.
  • kezziemc
    kezziemc Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of a mini challenge....it sounds more achievable.

So here's mine.

1. Only eat bread once this week (monday to sunday). I used to eat nearly a loaf a day and am on my 3rd week of cutting it out. It was hard at first trying to find replacement food but if I fancy some one day I eat it and it doesn't seem such a chore the rest of the week. This is now nearly a habit so not too much of a hardship.
    2. Do 30 day shred everyday. Had the dvd for 3 days and haven't started it yet (with no excuse) but tomorrow (monday) it's going on!

Good luck everyone!
  • Nyodra
    Nyodra Posts: 40
    Options
    Mini challenges! What a great concept, I've got a couple that have been nagging at me, time to get'er done!

1. Drink a gallon of water everyday!
    2. Don't touch my scale at all!

Good luck me and everyone else. We CAN do this!
  • MAK_01
    Options
    I like the idea of a mini challenge....it sounds more achievable.

So here's mine.

1. Only eat bread once this week (monday to sunday). I used to eat nearly a loaf a day and am on my 3rd week of cutting it out. It was hard at first trying to find replacement food but if I fancy some one day I eat it and it doesn't seem such a chore the rest of the week. This is now nearly a habit so not too much of a hardship.
    2. Do 30 day shred everyday. Had the dvd for 3 days and haven't started it yet (with no excuse) but tomorrow (monday) it's going on!

Good luck everyone!

Welcome Kezziemc! Great goals. The mini challages are great to really help you focus on a couple of small things they you want to work on. Feel free to check in daily if you would like.
  • MAK_01
    Options
    Mini challenges! What a great concept, I've got a couple that have been nagging at me, time to get'er done!

1. Drink a gallon of water everyday!
    2. Don't touch my scale at all!

Good luck me and everyone else. We CAN do this!

Welcome Nyodra! Love your we can do it attitude! Great goals :) I had a problem with the scale too, I hid mine for a while! We are now speaking terms again. LOL!
  • Amyding115
    Amyding115 Posts: 120
    Options
    I'll give this a go....

1. Shred workout everyday (Level 2)
    2. Zumba 3 times this week
    3. Find two (healthier) alterations to food I eat.

Here goes!!
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I am definitely in!! Mini goal sounds great! My week will be Monday through Sunday

My goals for this week:

1. do at least 5 different exercises this week
    2. not eat any chocolate this week
    3. drink at least 96 oz water daily
  • danlyn
    danlyn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi All!
    I'm back from vacation and am looking forward to a routine again :) Goals for this week 8/14-8/20:

1. DO NOT GET UP AND EAT AFTER GOING TO BED!! (big problem for me)
    2. Some kind of exercise EVERY DAY!!!

Thanks so much MAK for keeping this thread going, I really appreciate it :)

Welcome to the new group members. You will definitely feel the support from this group. Whether you have a good day or not, we are here to support and encourage you. Happy losing everyone and good luck this week with your mini goals :)
  • bree2012
    bree2012 Posts: 179
    Options
    1. The daily average for the week MUST be 1200.
    2. Reduce saturated fat, trans fat, and sugar intake.
    3. Drink more water.
  • MAK_01
    Options
    Didn't want to fill up the whole first page with quotes, but I want to say hi to everyone who is going to join in for the mini goal challenge :)

Welcome Coracia! Great goals. Sounds like you are going to be moving and grooving a lot this week! Good luck with Shred and Zumba.

Hi Idahogirl71, welcome to the challenge. Good luck with no chocolate this week that would be a tough one for me!

Welcome back Danlyn!! Hope you had fun on vacation. Happy to keep the thread going, I know it can be really helpful (I find it really helpful anyways, LOL!) Hopefully you can get back into your routine with no problems I know it can be tough after vacation.

Welcome Bree2012! Good luck with your goals. Reducing sugar and sodium seems to pop up a lot as mini goals they can be tough to conquer but it’s not impossible. You CAN do it!
  • jaybee25
    jaybee25 Posts: 117
    Options
    Im in :) start day is 15th Monday - sunday

Goal 1 : do 30ds everday but Sun ( MY REST DAY)
    Goal 2: do 3 extra workouts choosing from zumba cardio party,BL bootcamp and cardio training or kickboxing
    Goal 3: Pilates x3 20 min routines

Sending you all motivation and determination your way for the week ahead :) x
  • MAK_01
    Options
    Welcome Jaybee25! Great goals and I love your enthusiasm :) sending support and determination your way. Together we ALL can do this!
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Hi:0)

My ultimate goal is to eat clean. So my goal this week is to make a clean breakfast, lunch and dinner. I'm committing to cooking 3x this week.
  • missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Thank you MAK!! flower for you, smilies not working for me now. :-(

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW PEOPLE & HELLO TO MY OLD BUDS HERE!!
    plan on being a part of the group, but know I can't post daily. I start back to work tomorrow. Please forgive me that I am currently not adding any new friends. I have not been able to be a good friend right now. Maybe a lil later. I also care for a very ill husband and mom in a nursing home. plus have 11 grandkids. But I NEED SHORT TERM GOLAS!!

My Weekly Strive for Five (Sun to Sat)
    1. Plan & Log food
    2. Increase Activity Level
    3. Earlier Bedtime
    4. Limit Computer Time/More Hubby Time
    5. Focus on 5% weight loss for my first mini goal

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU THIS WEEK!!
  • littlemount
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge

My week starts from 8/14 sun- 8/20 sat

Exercise goal- Dance class 3 times per week
    Diet goal- pasta and rice only 3 times this week
    Do not weigh myself this week
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Thank you MAK!! flower for you, smilies not working for me now. :-(

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW PEOPLE & HELLO TO MY OLD BUDS HERE!!
    plan on being a part of the group, but know I can't post daily. I start back to work tomorrow. Please forgive me that I am currently not adding any new friends. I have not been able to be a good friend right now. Maybe a lil later. I also care for a very ill husband and mom in a nursing home. plus have 11 grandkids. But I NEED SHORT TERM GOLAS!!

My Weekly Strive for Five (Sun to Sat)
    1. Plan & Log food
    2. Increase Activity Level
    3. Earlier Bedtime
    4. Limit Computer Time/More Hubby Time
    5. Focus on 5% weight loss for my first mini goal

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU THIS WEEK!!

Blessing to you Miss Dee!
    Thanks to Mak1 for continuing this thread.
    Goals this week
    1. Exercise at least 5 times this week (Zumba or kickboxing)
    2. Drink 60 ounces of water a day

Welcome to everyone that is new
  • Laquaya
    Laquaya Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I would be on board....friend request me
  • MAK_01
    Options
    theba2il welcome! Good luck on your clean eating and cooking 3 times this week. You can do it!

MissDee so glad to see you back working on your mini goals! I love the mini goal challage that you started, I hope I can be as good at keeping it going as you were! Good luck on your goals! My smiley's aren't working either... Wonder what's up with that.

Welcome littlemount! Excellent goals! Good luck this week with all 3 :)

mrogers52 welcome back! Glad you found the new thread. Good luck to you on your goals this week!

Laquaya a friend request has been sent. Welcome to the thread great to have new people on board.