PROTIEN POWDER ADVISE PLEASE

Options
2»

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I buy whey protein isolate and I employ hubby to make my shakes. I’m sure there is ice, banana, whey, milk and frozen fruit in them.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    d090882 wrote: »
    Buy egg whites in liquid form and use them with frozen blueberries. Eat whole foods. Remember everyone's body metabolism will slow down. If you take proteins - you will get great results. But think about life - when you will stressed and stop working out - protein turned muscles turn bulky... So keep your weight low and you will thank me after 20 years. Fat cells cant just vanish, once they are formed - they remain inside your body forever.

"Protein turned muscles turn bulky "????

Please explain.
    Also please provide sources for these claims.
  • d090882
    d090882 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    @100_PROOF_ Well look at all bodybuilders post-retirement - If you studied Kreb cycle, and understand glucogenesis and gluconeogenesis - you will see a pattern of muscle wasting due to inactivity.. Yes bulky muscles (aquired from activities and diet that you cant maintain long term) & if not exercised long-term turn to bulky look. See retired rugby players. Besides, go to PubMed and read some Meta-analysis on long-term weight loss. Yes you will do great as long as you exercise and keep your muscles in an active state. But once you stop working out (pregnancy, stress, job loss, failed relations, adverse life incidents like the death of loved ones, depression.. your conditioning will suffer..)... Leptin & ghrelin response depends on stress, sleep etc. ...What I am saying is - Follow Life Long Approach to Fitness. Protein powders and any non-whole food approaches are not long-term solutions to cellular ageing and slowing of metabolism. Okinawans live beyond 90 and work in fields - they don't consume protein powders, they have a whole foods, lifelong approach to fitness. When you are lying on a hospital bed after an accident etc. or cant exercise daily due to stress - eating mindfully, cooking own food from raw ingredients, walking... this will go long way.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    d090882 wrote: »
    @100_PROOF_ Well look at all bodybuilders post-retirement - If you studied Kreb cycle, and understand glucogenesis and gluconeogenesis - you will see a pattern of muscle wasting due to inactivity.. Yes bulky muscles (aquired from activities and diet that you cant maintain long term) & if not exercised long-term turn to bulky look. See retired rugby players. Besides, go to PubMed and read some Meta-analysis on long-term weight loss. Yes you will do great as long as you exercise and keep your muscles in an active state. But once you stop working out (pregnancy, stress, job loss, failed relations, adverse life incidents like the death of loved ones, depression.. your conditioning will suffer..)... Leptin & ghrelin response depends on stress, sleep etc. ...What I am saying is - Follow Life Long Approach to Fitness. Protein powders and any non-whole food approaches are not long-term solutions to cellular ageing and slowing of metabolism. Okinawans live beyond 90 and work in fields - they don't consume protein powders, they have a whole foods, lifelong approach to fitness. When you are lying on a hospital bed after an accident etc. or cant exercise daily due to stress - eating mindfully, cooking own food from raw ingredients, walking... this will go long way.

I understand muscle wasting but you are using the word bulky and I think you might be meaning something else. I'm guessing there's a language barrier or maybe the word bulky means something different in your neck of the woods.
  • Lisa6545
    Lisa6545 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’ve been using organic. Anyone else ever tried it?
  • d090882
    d090882 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Organic or non-organic - as long as its not ina packet with preservatives and added sugar, I'm cool with it. :smile:
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    @quiksylver296 Ordered your recommendations. I use Click now which has a good flavor but it is lower on protein. I get most of my protein from fish which I love but some days I wouldn't mind "phoning it in" a little so I need a better substitute.
  • amybrown1228
    amybrown1228 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am currently enjoying Quest "Cinnamon Crunch" flavor. 100 cal, 1.5g fat, 5g carb (<1gsugar) and 20g protein. It tastes like the leftover milk at the bottom of a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch! YUM!

It is extra good made with unsweetened vanilla almond milk :smiley: