Calorie deficit but not losing weight

Options
Hey guys. I'm new to this and wanted to ask for some advice please.

I have a fitbit and average at 8k steps a day and tend to do 30 mins of cardio most days. I have been having a 1000 kcal deficit for the last 5 days and my weight has stayed exactly the same. I'm still consuming 1200/1500 kcals a day which I believe is a good amount. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong please?

Replies

• hfox9707
    hfox9707 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Make sure you have a food scale to measure portions correctly for serving sizes.
  • SephiraAllen
    SephiraAllen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is weird. Sometimes, even when you are doing everything perfectly, the weight sticks around for a bit - mostly due to water weight fluctuations that can hide the losses. I've gone entire months where the scale barely moved, then dropped 5+ pounds in a single week, whenever my body decided to readjust itself finally. That's just the way it goes sometimes. Wouldn't worry too much about it after only a week, just keep at it and give it some time.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    zh7dr4sz3bcu.jpg
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    What's wrong here is your expectations. It's only been 5 days. You're throwing some pretty crazy radical stuff at your body. Give it time to adjust. You'll have to have more confidence in the process than this or it's going to be a veeeeeery long road.

Hang in there.

• LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that when you start doing "training" that you body is going to maintain "water weight" because it is under stress....
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    You're panicking after only 5 days?