I HATE MY DOUBLE CHIN!!!!!

I have read articles that say “do this exercise” or “stretch this way” and it will go away. Other articles say there’s no way to target a double chin, you just gotta get healthier and see if it goes away with other body fat.
I literally feel like my neck has no definition. Like it goes from the nape of my neck and just straight to my chin. I’m scared to look down (particularly at my man when we’re in bed) because I feel it showing..... :(
SOMEONE *kitten* HELP ME!!! :'(:'(:'(

Replies

• collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Look into cool sculpting for the chin waddle. It gets great reviews. Haven’t tried it personally.

Kybella would also be an option to consider.
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    When you lose fat, it will come off your neck, too :)
  • aupston
    aupston Posts: 44 Member
    I have done some radio frequencies sculpting. I cant say 100% that that was the reason I now have a jaw line but for the low cost, I will do more. It is more heat than cool.
  • SeeksJoy25
    SeeksJoy25 Posts: 6 Member
    Coolsculpting can reduce up to 25% of the targeted fat area, so it might be the option for you. Just be certain a Board Certified professional does the procedure, if you go that route.
  • hud54014
    hud54014 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Hang in there until you reach your maintenance weight. If you're still unhappy, you could look into Kybella or Cool Sculpting as suggested in the posts above.
  • mywayroche
    mywayroche Posts: 218 Member
    Reducing overall body fat is the only way. As you rightly pointed out, you can't spot reduce
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    All I can add is that "double chin" would be preferable to me than the "turkey neck" I got going. But it is what it is.
  • nettiklive
    nettiklive Posts: 206 Member
    I'm with you, I get a double chin and fat hamster cheeks first thing when I gain even a couple of pounds :( I despise it. As a result, I have a fat matronly face even at a healthy low-ish weight! The only time where it actually went down to where I loved how I looked, and actually had a hint of cheekbones, my eyes looked bigger etc, was when I was borderline underweight, at 108-110 lbs at 5'4! Anything over 115, like now, and I have the old-lady cheeks again, it makes me look so much older, waah! I hate it :(
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    I heard that an exercise is to tap with the back of your hand under your chin to 'firm' up? However I am not sure how true that is! But I suffer with this so I'm trying it!

Don't bother. It's not true. ;)
  • lilgreenkitty
    lilgreenkitty Posts: 5 Member
    You may have been blessed with a small recessed jaw. Most women in my family suffer from it, and only upon getting older have I learned some tricks for it, that actually work. If it's just your jaw shape then there isn't a lot you can do, but you can firm up some of the muscles under your jaw. Relax your mouth, then try to bring the back of your tongue up to the roof of your mouth. You should feel a tension under your jaw. Keeping this tension will help firm the muscles there. It takes concentration but eventually you'll be able to do it all the time, making the double chin less apparent while firming it. You can contour your jaw line to give you more definition, there are a lot of youtube videos on how to do so without looking like you have a dirt beard (which is a hazard, try different shades and blending techniques). Also make sure you always have good posture, and keep that chin up! Literally and figuratively.