41 yr old female & have almost 200 lbs to lose....I need friends on MFP for motiviation

Options
Looking to find people that are on a similar journey (older with a lot of weight to lose) to friend me on MFP. I need motivation.

Replies

• MommaBear712
    MommaBear712 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Kristi - I'm 49 with 120 lbs to lose. There is a thread that I just joined yesterday, I think it's called 'Need to lose 100 pounds - Robin's Thread' or something like that. You should see it under the Motivation and Support. Why don't you come over there and join me? I have a feeling it's a great group - reminds me of one that I was on with WW years ago.
    Jen
  • long_for_me
    long_for_me Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Add me! I am 42!
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, 49 yrs old and about 90 to lose having lost 40lb
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 46 and have dropped 105 lbs with another 9-19 to go (9 to a healthy BMI, 19 to give me a 'cushion' so I don't panic over water weight fluctuations etc. I may be satisfied somewhere in the middle). Lousy at checking my feed, but great at replying to PMs. My diary is open if you're looking for (vegetarian) ideas.
  • DebUlrich821
    DebUlrich821 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Looking for walking buddy or buddies Los Angeles B) at least 3 times a week; older, 80 pounds overweight.
  • chrissietiny
    chrissietiny Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Pick Me! I am 41 and have over 95 to lose, maybe more. I am motorivated and active on my newsfeed. Feel free to add me ( that goes to anyone here).
  • cloudspirit55
    cloudspirit55 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am 55 and 6" ft. Have lost 140.2 lbs from heaviest weight which was 400 lbs.
    Started on MFP at 284.2 lbs currently at 259.8 lbs. Have 61.8 lbs to go to reach final goal 198 lbs. It's taken me a very long time to get were I am at now. Please feel free to add me, I know the good and hard times trying to get healthy and lose the excess weight You can do this.
  • JayRaeUK
    JayRaeUK Posts: 11 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hey! I have no idea how much I need to loose, I think I'll know when my body feels good again. Now I know I'm 37, my knees hurt, my back hurts... and I can't keep on like this! I feel like if I stopped at 210 but felt great that would be ok for me? I'm not particularly focussed in that end number but I want to feel good in my skin:) best of luck to you all! Feel free to add me! Never tried this with friends:)
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and lost almost 200lbs (180lb so far). Still working at it 5lbs at a time. Feel free to add me and pick my brain on dealing with losing weight, raising kids, dealing with teenagers, and adult life in general all at once.

You can do this. It's not easy, but it's so worth it. Also, if you have teenagers (especially typical ones that avoid parents like the plague), they tend to be the best supporters of you. I don't get it, "drop me off here so my friends don't see us" but get excited to go grocery shopping to help make better food choices overall.
  • chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Add me Im 54 and have 100+ to lose
  • ToadstoolBetty
    ToadstoolBetty Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hi it's my 40th in October and I'm trying to get to 140 for it. I've got a 14lb winter regain after losing 21lbs last year. So you can imagine I'm not happy with myself. I have 22lbs to get off to get to my goal weight.