When does the pain go away?

Options
angelsja
angelsja Posts: 860 Member
So I've been exercising on and off for years since maybe 2015 but no matter what I do my legs are always so sore after especially my hips/glutes will this ever go away or is it something I've just got to live with?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Is it pain, or is it just normal soreness? I have no idea, maybe ask in the Fitness forum.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I've been weight lifting pretty seriously for over 3 years and my legs are always sore for a few days after a leg workout. Foam rolling and stretching help
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    If you're more on than off, the soreness will go away or be far less. I'm usually a bit sore, but nothing major.
  • ChubbyRose84
    ChubbyRose84 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Try looking up Yoga Tuneup. It's a DVD with rubber balls. It might help.
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Make sure you don't just lift/run and then go home. You need to stretch, cool the muscles down, use a roller, etc. and it can help prevent it. But in general, you will always be sore if you are "doing it right" which is different than pain. If it is actual pain, you're doing something wrong or have another issue you need to get addressed.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    clobern80 wrote: »
    Make sure you don't just lift/run and then go home. You need to stretch, cool the muscles down, use a roller, etc. and it can help prevent it. But in general, you will always be sore if you are "doing it right" which is different than pain. If it is actual pain, you're doing something wrong or have another issue you need to get addressed.

Good one. Thanks.
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I've always been sore after leg day. Its probably normal!
  • Ed_Zilla
    Ed_Zilla Posts: 207 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I cycle a ton on trails. I hit it hard when I go too. I know this is an aerobic exercise and not lifting. However, my legs are constantly "well used" after a ride. The achey soreness that I think you are speaking of left once I finally got my legs and lower core tuned up and in shape...but the "well used" feeling is pretty much always there if I am cycling 4 or 5 times per week.

I totally agree with the stretching/foam roller that @clobern80 is talking about.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Swimming the day after a hard run or ride significantly reduces it for me.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    angelsja wrote: »
    So I've been exercising on and off for years since maybe 2015 but no matter what I do my legs are always so sore after especially my hips/glutes will this ever go away or is it something I've just got to live with?

You mean like crippling pain or I just worked out pain?
  • carutan
    carutan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you haven't been exercising then you should wait 48 hours before exercising the same muscle group. After 2-3 weeks you can lessen it to 24 hours. If you mean delayed onset muscle soreness, the only way to make that better is by consistently exercising. However, DOMS will only get worse if you don't give your muscles enough time to "reset."