P90X

Options
Just curious is anyone had tried or had success with the P90X fitness set?

My brother bought it and doesn't use it and offered it to me.

What are the workouts like?
Did you like it?
I have seen the commercial 100 times but never tried it myself.

Replies

• mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    The Muscle Confusion bit is kind of a nonsensical notion. But the workouts themselves are pretty solid for over all fitness level and athleticism. Some are better than others. It got me in really great shape to start lifting weights again.
  • KrystinaMTL
    KrystinaMTL Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I'm starting in in September.

I'm just finishing Body Beast now and I'm looking forward to switching it up after the summer with a program that stood the test of time :)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I did the program twice, 7 times if you include modified, back in 2011-2013. last round was with a 20lb weighted vest for all pull up and push up exercises.

Was a great workout for overall fitness, but probably not ideal if you have a particular goal (size, strength, endurance, speed, etc) as a program designed to address those would be better for that goal.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    It's not a bad program but it can be a bit of a slog to get through. Basically 60+ minutes per day, 6 days a week. It's OK for overall strength but neglects cardio.

You could probably do better in less time per week by going with a more focused resistance/cardio regimen but the benefit of P90X is that you just have to press play and follow along.
  • TXNovaTX
    TXNovaTX Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the input! I am still exploring and trying to find what program would be best for me!
  • TXNovaTX
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    I did the program twice, 7 times if you include modified, back in 2011-2013. last round was with a 20lb weighted vest for all pull up and push up exercises.

Was a great workout for overall fitness, but probably not ideal if you have a particular goal (size, strength, endurance, speed, etc) as a program designed to address those would be better for that goal.

Thank You for the tip!
  • TXNovaTX
    Options
    The Muscle Confusion bit is kind of a nonsensical notion. But the workouts themselves are pretty solid for over all fitness level and athleticism. Some are better than others. It got me in really great shape to start lifting weights again.

Thanks! I may give it ago till I figure out what I'm doing
  • anderson_btb
    anderson_btb Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    That was the program that started my fitness journey. I’m a believer in it if you commit to it.

Just keep showing up every day and do your best. I have done one and two.