Failure is not an option!!!

Options
Monday August 15th 2011 begins a new chapter in my journey to become a better version of myself. For years I've made excuses why I couldn't lose weight (working nights, school, stress etc.). I went on vacation recently and after spending time with my relatives and observing their healthy lifestyle it has fueled my fire.

Something short of miraculous happened on my trip and I finally decided that I am my best investment. I've spent money on cars, clothing, jewelry etc. which can easily be relaced but not on the one and only body that I have. Therefore, when I arrived home I enlisted a personal trainer $40 per session (3 sessions per week $120). Money I consider well spent to help me avoid health risks and add years to my life. By no means am I rich but I can easily offset the cost of the trainer when I add up how much money I spend at fast food restaurants.

I have my goals, motivation tools, support system and for the first time in along time I believe I can do it. I'm not in it for a quick fix, I am ready to adopt a new lifestyle from here on out. I realize that I need help to achieve my goals and I am utilizing any and all resources available to me, including www.myfitnesspal.com.

For those of you in my shoes, it's time to take a step forward.

Replies

• MHackrott
    MHackrott Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You will do great with your new life style! Use the trainer to get to know the exercises and equipment at the gym then you can start doing it all on your own :)
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    It's so good to hear about your inspiration - feel free to friend me if you'd like support along the way!! A personal trainer is a great way to start :)
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and you CAN do it!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Amen! This was my exact thoughts when I invested in the program that I am using to lose my weight. And.....I refuse to go to fast food joints, have not been in 11 months! Neither have my kids. This whole mindset worked incredibly well for me. Good luck to you :)
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    ~raises my water bottle to you~... Good luck!
  • hnygirl979
    hnygirl979 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Keep going, Familiar. You can do it!
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Awesome attitude!!! You're gonna go far and reach your goals!!!
  • Trinikesha
    Options
    Wow!!! Congrats on your success...you are proof that it is possible if you are dedicated...thanks for the kind words
  • chorgi
    chorgi Posts: 221
    Options
    Just believe in yourself and you'll do great! Feel free to add me.