Invisalign and a new way of eating

Options
KatsMeow12
KatsMeow12 Posts: 64 Member
edited June 2018 in Motivation and Support
Okay. I just got Invisalign yesterday and I hate it. Like a foreign object in my mouth that every fiber in my being wants out. BUT I’m paying a lot of money for this so in my mouth it stays. What I’m hoping is that maybe it will create a new, disciplined way of eating. Which, uh, I guess means less, random snacking. 😬 Has anyone else dealt with Invisalign and found it to be a good way to eat less and/or lose weight?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I haven't had exactly that, but I've come to the conclusion that a good meal schedule is good for dental hygiene, and having good teeth can be a good motivator for a good meal schedule. And not eating all the time is associated with eating less, and hence, lower weight.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    The what now?!
  • terrifrei1
    terrifrei1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just got invisalign as well and have lost 6 lbs. I eat 3 meals a day , within 45 minutes and the rest of the day, mouth is zipped. Hoping this habit carries over when done. They are inconvenient but so much better than metal braces
  • acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I haven't done invisalign, but a couple of coworkers have and it definitely cut down on mindless snacking for both. On a side note, they also commented it affected "loving" time too though.

Good luck on both Invisalign treatment and weight loss!
  • KatsMeow12
    KatsMeow12 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I’m really really hoping this gets easier and I’ll get used to it. It doesn’t hurt, it’s just massively uncomfortable. It makes me salivate a lot, too.