Jillian Michaels killer buns and thighs dizziness!

Options
Hey guys
I am trying to work though Jillian Michaels killer buns and thighs DVD but get super dizzy with all the up and down moves. Does anyone have any tips that's helped them? Also has anyone had any good results they could motivate me with?! :)
Thanks

Replies

• H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I haven't done her program, but I do have bouts of dizziness. I've found the best way to not be set off by motion is to find a fixed point at the farthest distance possible and focus on it.
  • Fitgirllife72
    Fitgirllife72 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I have been rotating killer buns and thighs with killer arms and back and killer abs. I am on level three of all of those workouts. Yes I do find i get dizziness in certain workouts of hers from all the up down. Especially going from my back to standing up. I love the results with her workouts though. Level 2 of killer buns and thighs is the toughest of the three levels on that DVD. It is brutal. I've read a lot of reviews and everyone seems to agree it is harder than level 3.
  • allessandra
    allessandra Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    In order not to get dizzy from going up and down. I do the modified version which is stepping down and stepping up.
  • Leslierussell4134
    Leslierussell4134 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I have never been able to have an elevated heart rate and dip my head below my horizon, or waistline, it causes instant vertigo or dizziness. I can once I'm ready to cool down and stretch, but not while my heart rate is up. My doctor said it was normal for some people and doesn't mean there is anything wrong with me.
  • HoustonStrongMT
    HoustonStrongMT Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You might want to get your iron checked. I had that problem and it turned out I was actually very anemic. I took iron supplements and got checked again, back to normal, and haven’t had that problem again since.
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water beforehand? For more brutal workouts for me, I have to drink a bottle of water before I start and continue throughout the workout. Learned that the hard way through insanity and spinning and in spinning you don't even change your head position relative to your core that much.

Also if the intensity if your workout has increased or the room temp has drastically increased those can be triggers too.
  • PTFFit
    PTFFit Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    There are a few factors that can and do contribute to the dizziness and light headedness. Proper breathing is a HUGE one. Blood flow to and from the head, as well as to and from the heart. Rapid elevation change like things having your head going from above your waistline to below it can cause it. Improper fueling of the body throughout the day. Dehydration. Electrolyte imbalances. Just to name a few.

If you find yourself hyperventilating, breathing rapidly, or gasping for air try focusing on the breathes you're taking. SLow them down, as deep as you can manage. The better you breathe during the workout, the more oxygen you take in the more gets to the blood the less chance of those episodes happening.

proper hydration before, during, and after will also play a big part. As well as what you ate that day, even the timing of your meals is important to help combat that.

There are times that tight muscles, or even a pinched nerve can lead to this event, which is easily treated with proper Myofascial Release (Rolling) and dynamic stretching.

Finally, you could just have "issue" with high heart rate. Which is okay, and not technically unsafe. It just causes that woozy feeling when your heart rate becomes elevated, and you change levels rapidly. For lack of a better term, its like when you change levels the blood gets drained from your head and then forced back in, then drained again. causing that feeling. If all else fails with eating, hydration, etc. I would try regressing the movements so that they are not as fast, or evening switching to a modified exercise selection.

I hope some of ths helps!
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Try a pre workout snack. Something sugary? A juice or caffeine blast perhaps?