water bottles and working out

Options
I have a workout question. Do any of you walk with a water bottle? I have noticed that often times while walking I get thirsty so I was going to start walking with a water bottle. If so, is there a certain kind of water bottle you use?

Replies

• MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Get a BPA Free Plastic or Stainless Steel.
  • Babbe
    Babbe Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I agree with MikeInAZ
  • angelaspinella
    Options
    I usually have water when I run because I get really thirsty. Although, I've read that too much water can cause cramps. But I really can't go without.
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I love my CamelBak water bottles! Easy to carry with a strap.
  • kilerdana
    Options
    I use the glass water bottle from Starbucks. The water still tastes clean no matter how hot it gets. I hate the plastic/metal taste.
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I fill my water bottle with unsweetened blueberry iced tea...............I really don't like water.
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    also get one with a sports top. it's a PITA to have to untwist caps and hold them, then twist them back on when you're moving. don't forget to wash them out regularly. I prefer the plastic ones because i don't like the taste of water in metal. And what i do, cause yanno, i'm lazy that way, i buy a 1Litre bottle of water with a sports cap and use that for a while, refilling it. after a few weeks i dump it (in my recycle bin) and buy a new one. There's so many water bottles out there, I can't decide which kind to buy. crazy, i know. lol
  • amyrmca
    amyrmca Posts: 33
    Options
    Okay thanks guys. I've just gotten to where I get really thirsty when I walk. I don't sweat much but I get really thirsty. Thanks again for all the great replies.
  • cgcortezrn
    cgcortezrn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I got a tall water bottle with a flip top on it. I think it is rubbermaid. Got it at walmart / target. I fill with ice and water then wrap in heavy duty reynolds wrap to keep colder a bit longer. I take it to the track and set it in the shade off to the side so when I pass by each time I can grab a quick sip. Usually I just wait till my walk is over then sit on the bench in the shade and drink / rest. I do find that if I drink while I walk my stomach will cramp up just a bit.
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    I use the glass water bottle from Starbucks. The water still tastes clean no matter how hot it gets. I hate the plastic/metal taste.

Unless you have a cheap water bottle, I've never had that taste in my water bottle.

I love Nalgene bottles. Best water bottles I've ever owned. They have really good sleeves to go with them too.
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    I have a workout question. Do any of you walk with a water bottle? I have noticed that often times while walking I get thirsty so I was going to start walking with a water bottle. If so, is there a certain kind of water bottle you use?

I drink tons of water when I exercise. I have a metal water bottle.
  • krissy5915
    Options
    Yes. Mine has a hand grip and a place for money,etc. u can get it at Ny outdoors store or running store. Ask for a plastic water bottle with a hand grip.
  • RenovatingSuzanne
    Options
    I love either Clean Bottle or a Polar Insulated Bottle.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I never thought I'd want a bottle with me when I walk or run, but as my run distance has increased along with summer temperatures, I changed my mind! I picked up a Runner's World Cruising Bottle at TJ Maxx for about $7. Looks like this: http://www.amazon.com/Runners-World-RW5698YE-Cruising-Bottle/dp/B003ZYJTGY The picture doesn't show it very well, but on the back side there is a comfy strap that fits over your hand, and the bottle contours to fit your grip, so you just slip it into your hand with the strap and you don't really even have to hang onto it. Handy little pocket for keys or cash, too.

For every day use I always carry my Contigo bottle - auto-seals, easy to use with one hand to get a drink, goes in the dishwasher, and holds 240z. http://shopping.yahoo.com/814285492-contigo-water-bottle-with-auto-seal-technology-24oz-lime-1-ea/
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Get a BPA Free Plastic or Stainless Steel.

Avoiding the xenoestrogens?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    When I walk, I put my 32-oz nalgene in a little knapsack type bag and go! When running any appreciable distance, I use a Nathan water fanny pack- it has a 22-oz bottle, and I have my route planned to refill regularly. I went through almost 100oz of water on my 9.3 miler today! (It was super hot and humid). Here's what the fanny pack looks like- it's not a true fanny pack, it is tight around my natural waist and sits in the small of my back.

temporary-4.jpg