too much protein?

Options
My first daily log says, in red, that I had -64 protein (I guess that means 64 grams more than I should. That sounds like a real problem!!! Does this mean that today was not a good day for me? I can see a problem avoiding the protein. Am I interpreting this correctly? Help! Please give me some input on this. Thank you.

Replies

• Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    No, if you were within your calorie range your golden!

If you were going to go over on a macro, it's best if it's protein.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    The default settings are weird if you ask me... I think protein/carbs should pretty much be in reverse. I typcially hit 100-140g protein every day and my carbs are closer to 80g. I changed my settings to Protein 45%, Carbs 25%, Fat 30% -- its really up to you. I just know that for me, high protein/low carb works best.
  • Nikki_Gets_Fit
    Nikki_Gets_Fit Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I go over on protein like everyday.....especially if I eat chicken. I rather it be protein than calories or anything else! *shrugs*
  • nodan
    nodan Posts: 6
    Options
    thank you. i see you have lost 3 pounds...when did you start?
    glad to hear you are doing well even with going over on the protein.
  • nodan
    Options
    i am brand new. what do you mean you changed your carb/protein ratio? do you mean that when you are eating, that is what you are aiming for or do you mean that on the website you were able to adjust the numbers?
  • nodan
    Options
    Thank you for your input. BTW, you look incredible....how long did it take you to look like that?
  • sherdewi
    sherdewi Posts: 14
    Options
    The diet gal I see at my health club told me to change from the default settings to 40% protein, 30% fat and 30% carbs. Having higher protein and less carbs will help you to not be as hungry also.
  • sherdewi
    sherdewi Posts: 14
    Options
    Go to your home tab and then click on the goal tab. Once in there click on change goals and on the next screen, click the custom circle.