NSV - When you start to see yourself...

Options
bluiz13
bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
like others see you......

you know how many of "us" have a hard time really seeing the weight we have lost?????
well my brain and my eyes are finally catching up with my body.....i have had people comment and compliment for months about how much i have lost overall but mostly this year in particular.....i started at 253.8 on 1/1/08 and as of this weekend i am down to 177ish....i was down to 174 before vacation and i'm working hard to get back there and beyond towards my goal of 145-155 (i'm 5'4")

anyway, seeing this picture in our camera when i got back from our maine vacation really helped get the switch in my brain turned right.....i see a "skinny" person...am i the skinniest person?? NOPE but i'm the skinniest me LOL....

here's the pic....7/20/11
DSCN1010-1.jpg

after looking more at the pic i realize it isnt even my "skinniest" picture from our vacation stash but just something about that picture made me "SEE" myself for what i really am....i'm getting smaller every single day and i love it.....

here's where i came from...1/08
jan20083.jpg

Replies

• quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress! And I totally know what you mean.. I can't wait to start liking myself in pictures :)
    Keep up the good work!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    This is so great to hear!!!! Photographs are amazing tools when it comes to weight loss.
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    You've done great - keep up the great work. Sometimes I realize we're so hard on ourselves we don't even realize the hard work we put forth (I know I need to practice what I preach). Keep up the great work and those couple lbs. will melt off.
  • smacaulay
    smacaulay Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - you have really set your goals and are working toward accomplishing them! I keep wavering. I really need to focus and hearing success stories like yours is great! Thanks!
  • RunTLS
    RunTLS Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome loss! Congratulations :) Glad you can see the difference now.
  • bellaandmouse
    Options
    I totally understand. Even though I've lost 30 pounds thus far, I run when I see a camera come out because I still have the fat imagine in my mind---that I don't want to face. Not logical, especially when you hear from others that they see a major difference. So this has inspired me to have my picture taken and get a new, less fat imagine burned in my brain. Certainly would help to keep me pushing forward. . .

Congrats on your progress. Really amazing!
  • AMcMaster
    AMcMaster Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    wow u look great!!! keep up the good work!!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone....pictures are the true eye openers in my opinion...next to trying on old big clothes....
  • reikimastertchr
    Options
    I can DEFINATELY relate!!! There are days I feel like I Have lost...and days I think.... I am back to my bigger self.... REALLY difficult to explain... I began a size 20 pants (tight on me) and just bought a pair size 10... THAT makes me realize I have Definately lost a lot...but do I still have days...YES.... I went from a size 44E/F bra to a size 38C and a 22 or 2X top to a size Medium... Others definately notice it...and sometimes I walk by a mirror and smile cuz I notice it right then and there.... only to look at myself the next day and NOT be able to see it... VERY STRANGE concept for me..but it DOES continue to occur... BLESSINGS....

5768506.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!