Dark chocolates for fat loss

Options
Has anyone tried including dark chocolates in their diet to lose weight?

Replies

• 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have one square after supper every night.. I look forward to it..
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I call that the end of eating for the day... Dark chocolate is not something I can bing on
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I have a 50ish calorie square of Lindt Intense Orange dark chocolate for dessert with breakfast. I know that I have at least that much chocolate scheduled into every day which helps me decide if I want some later as well or can wait for the next day.

How the calories fit into my deficit is the central factor for weight management. Any weight loss benefit that might be present with dark chocolate would need to account for the calories in the chocolate.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    For weight loss, no. However, I do use it to meet dietary fat minimums sometimes.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I hadn't thought of my frequent square of 86% chocolate as a 'weight loss' tool.
    I'm using it for the brain health. Calorie deficit, for the loss.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I have a piece of Dove dark chocolate caramel with sea salt every night as a treat for staying within my calories for the day. The weight loss comes from eating less calories than you burn. Any food, goes as long as it fits into my calorie budget.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    It won't have an impact on weight loss, but yes, I fit in one "dessert" daily that is chocolate based. My go to is 1-2 squares of lindt (or other) good dark chocolate treat. I just ensure to measure and log it and make it work in my overall diet. I am a "dessert" girl so allow 80-120 calories for a dessert daily. it keeps me happy. I don't want to diet in a way i can't eat anything I like.
  • bunnyluv19
    bunnyluv19 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I eat milk chocolate :smile: kit kat is my favourite-I’ve lost 14 lbs in the last 6 months.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Definitely calorie deficit for the weight loss. I love a couple squares of Endangered Species 88% with a hot cup of tea. Delicious and relaxing.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I love to bake with it.. and make chocolate covered strawberries with it.. otherwise.. it's not for me. Too sour.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    OP how specifically do you think including dark chocolate in your diet would help with weight loss?
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    OP how specifically do you think including dark chocolate in your diet would help with weight loss?

I am proof that it doesn't work, just another diet myth. :D
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I had to cut down on dark chocolate because I was consuming it in larger amounts than what I'm willing to spend on it calorie-wise. Dark chocolate doesn't induce weight loss. The only way it would help that I can think of is if consuming a small amount of dark chocolate satisfies cravings for a higher calorie snack.