Recipes

Options
Hi. I’m new to this app and I love it. I was never the diet type but at some point we have to watch what we eat.... I have question and I don’t know if anybody can guide me. I don’t know where to look for new recipes. I search in the “meals or recipe” bar but it’s always “nothing was found. Would anybody know how to look for a recipe since everything is listed in the “food” category. Thank you so much

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    You add your own recipes. To log food, you either log the individual components of the meal, or add the ingredients individually to a recipe and then add a portion of the recipe to your log.

Entries for "meals" would not give you an accurate entry as you have no idea what ingredients or preparation methods were used.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Come to think of it, it should have said "My Recipes" along with "My Foods" etc. MFP is the best, but unfortunately a bit confusing at times. Anyway, welcome :)
  • alicia163425
    alicia163425 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Honestly if you are looking for new recipes I tend to have the best luck with Pinterest. I find lower calories recipes and then log them into “my recipes” on MFP. The best part of CICO is the flexibility.