Weight Watchers

Options
Any WW friends on here? I’m going back and forth again to see what works best. I do LOVE the points of WW but I’m see exactly how calories vs points work for me. Add me if you wish ❤️

Replies

• SomersetCharlie
    SomersetCharlie Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Not done WW but calorie counting worked for me.
  • NikyNik89
    NikyNik89 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just joined weight watchers. Don't know what I'm doing. I'm trying to figure it out. I'm doing the freestyle one.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I just saw the words Weight Watchers and laughed sorry....I hate how much money I wasted with them over the decades. It's free to count calories here and you can see how many it worked for too. I wish MFP was around sooner.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I went back to Weight Watchers in January, now I track in both places. It seems to be working for me because I have lost over 44 pounds since January 3rd when I was having a lot of difficulty before. I think each person has to experiment and find what works for them. The new WW program (Freestyle) is really tailor made for me but I can see how it might not work for everyone. Whichever way you are doing I wish everyone success.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You said you went back to WW carolemack. Does that not ring alarm bells that you are doing it again? I did over and over again. Lost then gained each time. Yes it can happen here to but at least it's free.
  • carbos101
    carbos101 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out which is best, also. I actually had WW points left over today and had blown through my mfp calories. Think I ate too much fruit and because 'free' on WW that made the difference. I was starving and had to eat over my calorie amount! Maybe after awhile my body will adjust to the calories. I think mfp is the overall smartest way to go.

I appreciate your post about WW -- I couldn't find any up to date category for WWs. I'd like to "add" you but haven't figured that out yet. I've been signed up for awhile but I'm not consistent.
  • alysonbrown13
    alysonbrown13 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Any WW friends on here? I’m going back and forth again to see what works best. I do LOVE the points of WW but I’m see exactly how calories vs points work for me. Add me if you wish ❤️

@Valeri_Rose @NikyNik89 @carolemack @carbos101

🙋🏼‍♀️🙋🏼‍♀️🙋🏼‍♀️ I’m here!! I started WW on 2/11/18 and have lost 63lbs so far!! I absolutely LOVE it!! I too joined MFP to make track calories, nutrients, monitor exercise and calorie burn and keep up with my water intake. Although it’s double tracking, I do both. It takes less than 5 minutes a meal to do both, so it’s not a big deal. It helps me TREMENDOUSLY to have everything laid out for me like that in both apps, and on my Fitbit, which syncs with both apps (not lately with MFP, but 🤷🏼‍♀️). Anyways, point is I don’t get why people think it has to be an either/or with WW and MFP. It doesn’t have to be one or the other. I’ve found seriously AWESOME success using both as tools together! I require the structure of the points system- I don’t overeat free foods, and even if I wanted to, that’s where MFP comes in handy. I do meetings and online, as I also require walking in and getting on the scale every week, to hold myself accountable. I sometimes eat all my daily points, sometimes nowhere near, sometimes over (that’s what weeklies & fit points are for). I never feel deprived or like I’m dieting. I’m not! I’ve made a lifestyle change! A different mindset altogether!! I have 40.4 to get to goal and I’ll keep using both to get there!! Like I said, it doesn’t have to be one or the other. Whatever works best for you, DO. But there’s no need to bash either program!!

... Lookin’ at you @mockchoc. I don’t know when the last time you tried WW was, but Freestyle is a whole different ballgame. First, don’t knock it until you’ve tried it; and second, don’t belittle a program that has changed with the times and given SO many people heir lives back, myself included.

Feel free to add me on Connect! I’m alysonbrown1313 : )
  • alysonbrown13
    alysonbrown13 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ugh past my bedtime and all the typos! I’m sorry lol 🙈🙈🙈
  • stephaniescarpetta
    stephaniescarpetta Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’ve been on WW since 1/28. I’ve lost 54 lbs. I’m on WW app and I love WW connect but just found this app shared on a WW support group on FB. It got great reviews so I figured I’d check it out.
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I have been on WW since January and have lost 45lbs. I am currently considering coming back to MFP. Although WW is working for me I need to track my nutrients for health reasons and I don’t want to have to double track to be able to do it.

I was going to cancel WW today but they offered me a free month to stay so I still have that subscription until the end of August.