Dessert and Sweet Treats?

Options
How do you fix your sweet cravings? My big weakness is cookies, cakes, you name it..

Replies

• Janie5605
    Janie5605 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    LOVE skinny cow ANYTHING and the fiber one brownies are amazing! I'm a choco-holic...and to top it off I make homemade candy and artisan truffles for a side job so its hard to refrain!
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    unmitigatedbadassery Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow makes awesome ice cream sandwiches.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I keep one or two Hershey's special dark kisses in my purse and when I hit the midafternoon slump at work I will have one of those and it usually gets me past that sweet craving!
  • ViciousReemo
    Options
    eat less amounts of it or try dieting treats :)
  • souperficial
    souperficial Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I've been snacking on some dark chocolate chips. They're easy to separate into servings, small so you can slowly eat one at a time, and are really good for you.
  • gingerninja22
    gingerninja22 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone! :)
  • saltorian
    saltorian Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    To shut up a sweet craving without many calories, I like a stick of Extra Dessert Delights gum. It's sugar free, so it's less than 5 calories and they have some great flavors. The "Apple Pie" one is my favorite, but the "Mint Chocolate Chip" is also great.

I do find that it can just make cravings worse if you're already hungry, so I try to make sure that I only use the gum to tide myself over to the next meal (say, there's only a half an hour before lunch and I want something to chew on) or I use it after dinner as a nice substitute for a high-calorie dessert. It satisfies that feeling that you just want a little something sweet after your meal and it also helps clean your teeth after eating. :-)
  • sunyg
    sunyg Posts: 229
    Options
    I love skinny cow! It has truly been a life saver. If I am craving something else, I tell myself I can have it, IF I make it from scratch. I can't tell you how much that has completely cut my sweet tooth :)
  • ClascyParra
    Options
    one of my faves is to take really ripe bananas, chop them up and freeze them so I always have them on hand. When I want a sweet treat I toss them into my little bullet blender with a little protein powder and just enough skim milk to get it going...put back into freezer for just a little while and it turns into the consistency of frozen yogurt.
    I do this for my daughter with frozen bananas and chocolate soy milk....up until she was 5 she thought this was ice cream.

My other go to dessert is protein pudding..
    1 package fat free/sugar free vanilla pudding
    1 package silken tofu
    14 oz can of pure pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
    throw all together and mix with a hand blender (if you find it too thick add just a little skim milk or whatever you personally use)
    refrigerate until set....

Here's one more...
    fat free ricotta cheese
    splenda
    a dash of whatever extract you like...depending on my mood I use lemon, orange, vanilla, coconut....tried mint once but wasnt crazy about it....

Quick oatmeal cookie....
    put a serving of oats into a small bowl with enough water to just cover them. Add sweetener and vanilla extract....cook till all water is absorbed and oats look dry....
    it will be very chewy.....and depending on your bowl it may stick...i have this one bowl that for whatever reason it wont...but you can eat it with a spoon. Add raisins if you like to the mix....
  • jenttifer
    jenttifer Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Find a sweet treat that isn't too bad and allow yourself to have it -- in moderation. I love Nutty bars and found them in a 100 calorie bar...so I can have one once or twice a week when it fits in my daily calories. Cocoa covered almonds are also good. And when a coworker makes a to-die-for treat...I allow myself one bite...that way I'm not depriving myself and I'm not offending the person who made the treat. (And if it's a light treat I allow myself a small piece!) You have to remember that this isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle change. It's unrealistic to say that you'll NEVER eat this or that again...of course you will, and you SHOULD! Just not every day and just a bite or a small piece when you do indulge. And when you indulge, eat slowly and savor that sweet sweet flavor! Good luck! :)
  • debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I get a BIG BAG of berries in the frozen food section and mix it either with a little almond milk and about a teaspoon of sugar OR with non fat vanilla yogurt and I swear to god, its like ice cream!! Love it.

Best,

Debbie
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    What I did, honestly, was not have any sweets the first 60 days or so. Sugar has always been my addiction, so I just cut it out completely. All I'd allow myself was ONE square of dark chocolate (60% cocoa or greater) here and there. Once I got past those first couple of months, my cravings for sweets went way, way down. No longer did sugar have a hold on me :)

Now, I occasionally crave sweets during my time of month. I just make room for them in my diet.
  • Dizneylvr1971
    Options
    I love Dole frozen fruit bars, especially strawberry. They are only 90 calories and they don't have any fat. Such a nice, refreshing treat.