Curb the cravings

Options
Hey folks. I stocked up on Vanilla, Lemon, Coconut and Caramel extracts.
0% fat plain greek yogurt, sweetener + extract of choice. I usually have this earlier in the day as a snack to help curb any sweet cravings. It helps a lot! Anyone else care to share their simple, yet effective diet/food tips?!

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    When I do the following, I don't have cravings:

1. Get sufficient sleep
    2. Exercise regularly - when I get the happy hormones from exercise, I'm not prone to seeking them from food.
    3. Get sufficient protein in relationship to carbs. I'm not low carb, but reducing carbs and upping protein worked for cravings for me. See also http://www.nutrition.org.uk/healthyliving/fuller/understanding-satiety-feeling-full-after-a-meal.html
    4. Eat moderate amounts of fruit. This makes me less interested in higher calorie sweets.
    5. Take a magnesium supplement. This can be especially helpful for women premenstrually.
    6. Save foods like chocolate for after dinner, in small amounts
    7. Stay hydrated
    8. Have a calorie deficit that is appropriate for the amount of weight I need to lose. An overly aggressive goal can definitely lead to cravings.
    9. Eat at maintenance when my appetite goes up premenstrually.

• chandraminick
    chandraminick Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Whole boiled eggs seems to kill cravings for me. I think it is the creamy fatty yoke.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Tara150mfp wrote: »
    Hey folks. I stocked up on Vanilla, Lemon, Coconut and Caramel extracts.
    0% fat plain greek yogurt, sweetener + extract of choice. I usually have this earlier in the day as a snack to help curb any sweet cravings. It helps a lot! Anyone else care to share their simple, yet effective diet/food tips?!

Eat a high protein and high fiber diet, it will keep you full long....if that doesn't work, I usually snack on a few pickles, drink a lot of water/coffee/green tea....usually that does the job.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If I’m craving something I find a way to work it into my calories
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    If I’m craving something I find a way to work it into my calories

This^

Managing portions for sweets will be a life-long thing for me. Losing weight is just the first step.
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation. If I can make it fit, then I have it. But at the same time I usually make sure I hit my protein goal for the day! And drink plenty of water!