Will this help me lose weight?

Options
I have maybe 20 - 30 minutes a day to work out. I can not do the same work day in and day out as i get bored very easily. I like doing my workouts in the morning cause it also works better with my day.
So I was thinking of every day doing something different, I just dont know if i will see results.

My basic plan is

Monday - jillian michaels 30 day shred
Tuesday - home gym ( weights)
Wednesday - jillian michaels 30 day shred
Thursday -home gym ( weights)
Friday -jillian michaels 30 day shred

I also have a rowing machine, exercise bike and a elliptical. How can I add those in too? At night my husband and I go for walks for some time alone.

please give me some pointers and tips thank you

Replies

• MrsFarrow
    MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Is my observation correct that you'll be taking weekends off?

I think the schedule looks great, but if it were me, I'd add a weekend day and take off Wednesday or something. Then again, I like to do 2-3 days then break, 2-3 days then break. We're all different though, if that's what works for you then go for is lady!! I definitely think mixing it up like that is great. Are you going to do anything in regards to cardio before doing your home gym routine? I'd do the elliptical or something to get that heart rate up before.
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I agree with MrsFarrow -- I like to take one weekday off instead. And I would add some more cardio.

Also --- make sure that you are giving your muscles a day of rest. So if Jillian has you doing lots of squats and lunges, make sure your home gym day focuses on upper body instead. Your muscles need some time to repair themselves.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I would add the machines into the routine by putting them in front of the Television and doing at least 30 minutes of one most nights while I watch my "show". I have a mini stair stepper and that is what I do.
  • Maggie_Haleen
    Options
    Looks good! Working out in the morning is the best...you burn more calories all day long. I would also take 1 day of rest during the week and add 1 day to the weekend. Also, throw in that cardio for at least 5min before doing the weights...warm those muscles up!
    You need to also change it up every week. I know with Jillian's 30 day shred there are 3 different workouts. Make sure you stick to 1 the first week, and then another 1 the next and so on...just keep switching it up. Same with the weight workouts. Each week you need to change the actual exercises you are doing or you need to change the amount of reps/sets or increase the weight (don't worry, increasing the weight isn't going to give you huge bulky muscles). Your body needs to be challenged to see results and once an exercise becomes comfortable, your body is no longer going to change. If you are trying to maintain weight, then you can stick to the same routine and exercises.

Good luck!