Any other Grandmas trying to slim down?

Options
I'm a 74 years young Great Grandma looking to loose 70 lbs. Hoping to loose 15 lbs by Oct for my granddaughter's wedding. Main reason for weight loss is to have more energy and less muscle and nerve pain.

Replies

• SomersetCharlie
    SomersetCharlie Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am not a grandma, but i find this helps me stay motivated knowing grandmas like yourselves are doing it even after a life of hardship :) Good luck.
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Another grandma here. The wedding will be wonderful at any weight. Wishing you more energy and less pain. Good luck!
  • debbers718
    debbers718 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Grandma here hoping to just lose I’m so tired of feeling fat! I’m being drastic I went to the doctor this time and I’m doing shakes and pudding by New Direction. It’s only my second day but I don’t feel too bad. I’m a carb eater and I know I can’t do this forever but I’m trying it. I have to lose 40lbs.
    Have a beautiful wedding.💕💕
  • Shazbabyninja
    Shazbabyninja Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Grandma here and I have fibro, so I totally understand the need to do something to help ease the pain. Would love to be a support friend!
  • MaryLeuelu
    MaryLeuelu Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Another nanna here 64 yrs young 32 grand kids and 11 greats. Also trying to lose not getting very far lol. This tummy seems to be stuck. Or maybe it's just my love of beer. ( pasted kidding myself) Just hangin in.
  • Cherdoo
    Cherdoo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    52yo grandma here, trying to lose 60lbs. I have pretty rough arthritis, so finding exercises has been tricky. Since 2010 I gained 70+ lbs. That's INSANE! I'm all for community, hoping we may all help one another reach our goals. Best of luck, and health, to us all.
  • diligentshopper
    diligentshopper Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    59 year old grandma whose on a mission to loose 28 pounds. Health issues made me comfort eat and here I am, The biggest I have ever been, I'm sure my weight is stopping me from feeling healthy, I know I won't get back to previous health before 2 major surgeries but I want to feel the best I can, So upwards and onwards as they say. A big hello to all you grans out there and let's do this!
  • joisfit
    joisfit Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 63, from Indiana (Midwest United States), 5 adult children, all married, 8 grandchildren, recently widowed, been overweight for many years. Stress eater, plus enjoy cooking and eating. Preschool teacher. Have lost some weight several times, but have never reached my goal weight. No excuses this time. Empty nester. No need to keep tempting food in the house for someone else (that I can't resist). I have time to exercise, just have to choose to do it. My mom is 85 and still quite active, even with several chronic health conditions. That is what I want for myself. To do that I must achieve and maintain the best health possible for me. We are strong and capable women. We can do this!

• kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    FL grandma, 68 yrs old/young, have lost 86 lbs on MFP in two years. Weight loss has really slowed but need to lose another 30 or so. I'm not beating myself up and just trying to be persistent. I care far more about health than looks now. Am trying to avoid a Lark scooter for the rest of my life!
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hi Judy... I don't know where you come from... But in the uk there used to be a guy on the radio who used to say "have a go Joe' " So have a go Judy...You can do it" …. Watch your carbs, exercise ….A
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Hi Judy yes I'm nearly 71, been on mfp for a long time, some health issues this year caused some weight gain. Feel free to add me. Good luck
  • keodell1966
    keodell1966 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Me me me! 52( as of yesterday) and have been doing MFP for a while, and don’t have far to go now. It’s something I will probably do until I die.
  • christybogga
    christybogga Posts: 16 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    <3 You all sound precious. I am a step grandma of 48 but I have let myself go. I have 80 lbs to lise. How do i add you all as friends?
  • mcbeth
    mcbeth Posts: 53 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!

I'm 64 and a "Nana" to 5 grands. I lost my hubs in January 2017. Right after that I gained A LOT....well what was I suppose to do with all the food everyone brought in?? I have since lost 40+ pounds but still have 40+ to go. It's really hard cooking for one. Please add me as a friend, one can never have too many.

Mary Beth
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,911 Member
    Options
    I am 58, a Nana to 4 perfect grandsons. I started my journey Jan 11 of this year with 90 pounds to lose. I am wanting to look good again, and feel good about myself. But most importantly I want to get my blood sugar levels in some kind of control as they were hitting over 500 daily due to stress and carbs. I have lost about 47 pounds since January. My goal was to lose 90 and be back at my "normal" best weight. When I fall, I just stand back up. If I cheat, I make it a meal, not a day (which is easier to bounce back from). It does not always come off easy at our age, but anything you can do will help your health. Best of luck to you on your journey.
  • tiffanymooremeyer
    tiffanymooremeyer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am also a grandma trying to slim down. I have 56 pounds to loose. I also have my son’s wedding to get ready for. I could use all the support I can get.
  • dlaforest59
    dlaforest59 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a newly turned 59 year old "gramma" to 5 awesome grand kids ranging from 22 to 5. Prior to 40 yrs old, I was a constant 132-140 lbs. Tho life & stress in the following 19 yrs have taken it's toll, I would be happy to get to 160 lbs from 206.
    I did lose 5 lbs in the last 2 weeks so we're off to a good start and feeling confident. Good luck to all on striving to reach your goals, it can be done, slow & steady!
    153738360.png
  • Sharondarnellus
    Sharondarnellus Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 64 year old Grammy of a two yr old grandson. I wanted to get to a healthy weight so I can enjoy him! I have loss 43 pounds in a little over 3 months by counting calories and walking...My goal is to lose 60 more pounds...I dont want to be the fattest grandma at his kindergarten christmas party😔I want him to be proud of me.