Help! Lesser of two evils?

Options
anb3000
anb3000 Posts: 1 Member
Hello,

I’m going out for breakfast today with a friend to an American, casual cafe.
Is it lower calorie to order:

• 3 buttermilk pancakes with strawberries and strawberry sauce
• A round house waffle with strawberries and maple syrup
• Two poached eggs on single slice of sourdough toast, hollandaise sauce

i2a0v8xqlovk.png
submkoh6mk1p.png
pqbeegze645j.png

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    My preference is for the poached eggs because I generally prefer savoury when out for breakfast. Do you have a preference?
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I love waffles and pancakes so I'd get one of those. None of those are evil. Live life... one meal won't derail you. You need to adjust how you look at food.
  • sstatia
    sstatia Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    All sound yummy! I always ask for sauces on the side to control calories. Ask for low calorie options like English muffin no butter (add butter yourself if needed). Salsa goes great with egg whites and cheese if available. Fruit plate with ham or bacon if possible. Happy eating!
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of the above, I just wanted to add that another way to look at this is, if you're not able to eat the entire thing, how easy it to get it put in a box (a "doggy bag") to go. That said, I realize that that is not a normal or accepted practice everywhere.

If a doggy bag is an option then I would go with either the pancakes or the waffles, though in all likelihood I could probably eat an entire waffle for breakfast, but three pancakes is typically too much for me to eat at once. While I don't like poached eggs, there's no way I would expect those to be good as leftovers.