Anyone done interval training/running?

Options
So I started doing an interval training thing for 8 wks. I've read that this will help burn fat the best. I've already met most of my goals, this is to try somehting new. Has anyone done an 8 wk interval run/other program & what were your results?

Replies

• mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    I used to do it all the time. I love it, it's how I got my run speed/distance up.
  • Maggie_Haleen
    Options
    I started an 8 week interval running training program back in April. I have seen great results in terms of building lean muslce in my legs, weight loss, greater lung capacity and overall well being. I think the greatest thing i've gained from starting this program is a love/obsession with running. Now i'm in a running group that is training for a 10km and i'm running over 25km every week. It has become so addictive! I find that running a longer distance for the first time, or running a distance faster than I did in the past gives me a greater sense of accomplishment that seeing pounds drop on the scale. Of course i want to see the weight come off, but running now has a greater purpose than just as a way to exercise.
  • KEShikes
    KEShikes Posts: 110
    Options
    Definitely a great part of a running/fitness program, but you need to make sure you combine slow/easy/long distance cardio with the intense interval training. Generally 2 days a week of the intense intervals will give you a huge boost. Much more could cause injury/backsliding. I'm a lot older than you, so I do only one day a week of intense intervals, but you can probably do more if you are relatively fit already.