Herbalife successes and failures

Hi Everyone!

I just started adding Herbalife shake mix into my nutritional routine. Usually for my mid morning snack and right after a workout. It was recommended to me by my bootcamp coach and am only a week in. I can't tell yet if I'm retaining muscle, but I am trying to beef up my arms.

Any advice? How did you retain muscle? Any Herbalife pitfalls I should avoid?

Replies

• jchick206
    jchick206 Posts: 2 Member
    Interesting.

So what's the deal with Herbalife? Does it not work?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    jchick206 wrote: »
    Interesting.

Does it work for what?
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Interesting.

Works for what? It has fewer grams of protein per calorie than a much cheaper protein powder. If you're using it for the protein (which I understand you are since you mentioned muscle), then there are much better and cheaper options out there that won't eat your calorie allowance.

If you don't find hitting your protein goal difficult with food alone, you don't need to supplement. If you do, good old whey does a better job.
  • AveriaKyle
    AveriaKyle Posts: 20 Member
    I bought a tub of Herbalife shakes which lasts for about 2 weeks, to replace my breakfast as i really hate waking up early to prepare. That was beginning of this year.

I do rmb alot of fat shaming and having to avoid so many types of food as advised by the coaches.
    Ugh.
    At the end of the tub, i had enuf of it. Idk how ppl keep eating that for years (or so they claim)
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Interesting.

Well, if your goal is to make your wallet lighter, then yes. It's 99% waste of money, there a hundreds of better products out there that are a lot cheaper.