Crafty people?

Options
Just wondering if any of you like to do crafts? If so, what crafts do you enjoy? I love to crochet, mostly. I also enjoy scrapbooking and felt crafting, as well as drawing and working with clays. Let's hear about your favorite crafts! Feel free to share links to your work; I'd love to see it!
P.S. - If you have any great crochet patterns, let me know! Thanks!

Replies

• Chunkabutt83
    Options
    I love scrapbooking, its my guilty pleasure and sucks all my money lol. I bought a Cannon Selphy printer so i cant print photos out as soon as i take them and it was the BEST investment i've ever made!
  • JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I love to crochet, although I only know 1 stitch lol...I also LOVE making tutus for little girls...Here are some of the tutus I have made. www.etsy.com/shop/sassytutu
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I love to scrapbook.. I also Make Jewelry.. I have done so many craft shows.. birdhouses,.. wreaths.. etc . I also have done flower arranging.. weddings.. bridal showers.. receptions etc (I actually miss this one) hmm makes me think I need to get back into this one.. :)
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    i am a HUGE knitter and crocheter (i crocheted the hat i am wearing in my profile pic!) and i love collaging, drawing, and doing art in general. the messier the better! arts and crafts are the hearths of my life, i couldnt live without them. currently i am working on crocheting my first shirt ever; its going to be a cobalt blue pullover that will be perfect for the fall. i cant wait to see how good of a crocheter i am when i am a grandmother hahaha!!!
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I love to crochet, although I only know 1 stitch lol...I also LOVE making tutus for little girls...Here are some of the tutus I have made. www.etsy.com/shop/sassytutu

I make tutus too. I also like making ribbon bows for my daughters, taking pictures, making/decorating cakes, drawing, sewing (pretty new at that though)

Here's a bow I made but I used it on a dress instead of on a clip
    pb.jpg
  • cgcortezrn
    cgcortezrn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    i love to make personal greeting cards. I try to make alot of Thank you cards, Thinking of you cards, Wishing you well cards and a variety of birthday cards. Then if an occasion pops up I just reach into my hand file box and Voila ,,,, I have just the card. I also scrapbook. Need to get back to it more than cards cause my pictures are piling up.
  • JBennis1013
    Options

I make tutus too. I also like making ribbon bows for my daughters, taking pictures, making/decorating cakes, drawing, sewing (pretty new at that though)
    I wanna try to make ribbon bows and flowers. I have a few tutorials I am going to download. I also make diaper cakes for baby showers, which is a lot of fun.
  • sayambular
    sayambular Posts: 205
    Options
    I know it's not really a craft but I enjoy photography and a crafty thing I like doing is, making clothes and stuff although I haven't done it in years!!!
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I love sewing!! Diapers and kids stuff mainly :)
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I love to craft, sewing clothing mostly, but we (myself and my roommates) do a bunch of other stuff, making candles, art, I crochet periodically,
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I looooove making Christmas ornaments. :) And decorating stockings. Actually, I like making any sort of holiday stuff. And seasonal floral arrangements, though I've never really ventured too far into it, beyond a vase, flowers, and fillers. :P I want to learn to crochet and/or knit someday, and I have a brand new sewing machine I got last year as a gift that has never been used, because I'm simply not someone who can read an instruction book and "get it;" I prefer a hands-on instruction and haven't found anyone to teach me yet. Working on it, though! I'd also like to start making candles.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I have craft ADD. You name it, I have supplies. There is more yarn at my house than at the LYS. Some things I like to do:

design/sew clothing and costumes
    knit
    make jewelry
    pottery
    clay sculpture
    ceramics
    drawing
    mosaics
    mixed media
    painting (murals, furniture, random cabinets)
    silk screening
    linoleum prints

this list is not exhaustive.

:)
  • bjpetey0306
    Options

So cute!! Do you like selling through etsy? I've considered doing it, but wasn't sure if I'd enjoy the site or if it would be worthwhile. How do you feel about it?

Also, here are some of my crocheted projects... Making toys is my favorite! http://bonnieandtheboys2010.blogspot.com/2011/08/gettin-crafty.html
  • JBennis1013
    Options

So cute!! Do you like selling through etsy? I've considered doing it, but wasn't sure if I'd enjoy the site or if it would be worthwhile. How do you feel about it?

Also, here are some of my crocheted projects... Making toys is my favorite! http://bonnieandtheboys2010.blogspot.com/2011/08/gettin-crafty.html

Thanks!! I only just started using etsy. I only have 3 things on there right now and those are my first lol. I think its worthwhile if your products sell. For me, there are so many people that sell tutus that I think its gonna be difficult for me to sell mine, but who knows! It's fun to put things up and check to see how many people have viewed your item. It can't hurt. There's a small listing fee for each item which is 20 cents and if you sell i think its 3.5%, which isnt bad.

Your stuff is beautiful!!! I'd def sell them on etsy!
  • bjpetey0306
    Options

Thanks!! I only just started using etsy. I only have 3 things on there right now and those are my first lol. I think its worthwhile if your products sell. For me, there are so many people that sell tutus that I think its gonna be difficult for me to sell mine, but who knows! It's fun to put things up and check to see how many people have viewed your item. It can't hurt. There's a small listing fee for each item which is 20 cents and if you sell i think its 3.5%, which isnt bad.

Your stuff is beautiful!!! I'd def sell them on etsy!

Thank you! I'll definitely look into it. Nothing better than making money for doing something you love, right?
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Yes! ALL of it. I love all crafts.. pretty much. I made a black denim mustache last night, for photos. it's ridiculous. [=