Any Meditators??

Options
sayarosalie0
sayarosalie0 Posts: 18 Member
Are there people on this app who are meditators or are interested in meditation. Since has proven that less stress helps with weight loss. Meditation is the perfect practice to achieve less stress. I’ve been doing it for 12 years and am looking to surround myself with those with a similar interest!

Replies

• zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    <sheepish voice> Uhhmm, I try to meditate on (my chosen type of) Scripture/holy text when I can and come into my hobbies slowly/mindfully/purposefully to enjoy their relaxation quality/benefits. Does that count? <end sheepish voice> If it does, all I ask is that you please remind me where you found me-in your ”meditators’ connection” thread-using the (usually optional but mandatory for me) message blank. I look forward to the possibility of learning with you about the science of such deep concentration!
  • DreamAmalfi
    DreamAmalfi Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I used to practice daily but drifted. Great way to ground. I should probably get back to the art of stillnes.
  • beamin41
    beamin41 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yes. I use muse
  • Simpyll
    Simpyll Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I use an app that dongs after 12 minutes or 24 minutes depending on how frisky I'm feeling. 😏

12 years! That's impressive!

What style of meditation do you practice?
  • Beaster_Bunny
    Beaster_Bunny Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it, but want to start soon. I think it would be a useful tool for life in general.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Simpyll wrote: »

<cold telephone-operator/icy-robot-voice>
    Friend request refused due to lack of relevant message. Please try again or direct your request to a recipient who allows blank “friends-proposals.” Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.
    <end of cold telephone-operator-/robot-voice>
  • HikeItGirl
    HikeItGirl Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I try to meditate. I was a lot more when I was doing hot yoga regularly. I like to follow Abraham Hicks. :)
  • av_2905
    av_2905 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I meditate using the headspace app. Just need to become more consistent.