NSV - Jogging

Options
kamorgozo
kamorgozo Posts: 34 Member
I don't post much and I feel kind of silly posting this but I'm pretty excited and wanted to share. I just ran .8 mi straight - a first for me! I started running in June and couldn't do more than .2 at a time, and in July I made it to .4, but I've been struggling with this .8 for a couple of weeks now. I know it's not that far, but for me this is HUGE -- I'm the kid that used to cheat on the mile run in school by walking most of it and lying about how many laps I did. So I am pumped - next goal, one mile!! :)

Replies

• outtanms
    outtanms Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    good job!!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    great job!

It may not seem like much, but think about where you started--it's progress! I started running in February...I could run literally for 15 seconds before I had to stop and walk. Now I can run for 30-35 minutes straight.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    Yeahhh!!!! Congratulations. I started running last year for the first time in 20 years, and now I'm hooked. Used the Couch to 5K (C25K) program. It was great. Google it and take a look, you can print the plan for free. It is very gradual, and customizable (It took me 12 weeks instead of 9 because I had to repeat some).

You can do this, and it's a great stress releiver!
  • kmh1980
    kmh1980 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work! Running is what helped me shed the pounds and get me addicted to exercise!
  • riacurtis
    riacurtis Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That's a great victory congratulations
  • courtskey83
    Options
    You are MY motivation... that is me right now. I can run about 15 seconds before I have to quit. I would LOVE to one day run for 30+ minutes.
  • kamorgozo
    kamorgozo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Did one mile tonight!!!! Woohoo!
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!