Using MyFitness Pal to PLAN meals

Options
Hey All,

I have been a longtime user to Track my meals. Any tips on how to use it to PLAN my meals for next week?

Thanks!
Robsilly

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    You can always pre-log meals you expect to have in the future to see how the calories and macros line up. You can adjust the pre-logged meals against your actual meals as your day goes.
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    robsillito wrote: »
    Hey All,

I have been a longtime user to Track my meals. Any tips on how to use it to PLAN my meals for next week?

Thanks!
    Robsilly

I use it to pre-plan my meals every day. Just open tomorrow's (or whenever's) date in the Food Diary and start planning/adding entries :)
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    And if you eat close to the same thing every day you can go to the day to log and click add a certain date's meal.

I eat mostly the same thing every day m-f except with tweaks to account for heavier exercise so I just copy paste all my food for the week at once and then tweak amounts or add in snacks after.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I had to branch out in order to really plan meals for more than a day or two. I made myself a spreadsheet.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    Cheesy567 wrote: »
    Using recipes and meals helps me, because I have a few pretty consistent breakfasts and dinners.

If I enter a recipe I make often but change a little each time (think stir fry, or homemade soups), instead of re-entering it I just change the recipe. Any ingredients I didn’t use this go-round I set to 0 quantity, rather than deleting it and having to search for again next time.

It had never crossed my mind to set quantities to zero, and leave the item in a recipe! That's a game-changer! Thank you for posting this.
  • KatyCSTinPNW
    KatyCSTinPNW Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Cheesy567 wrote: »
    Using recipes and meals helps me, because I have a few pretty consistent breakfasts and dinners.

If I enter a recipe I make often but change a little each time (think stir fry, or homemade soups), instead of re-entering it I just change the recipe. Any ingredients I didn’t use this go-round I set to 0 quantity, rather than deleting it and having to search for again next time.

It had never crossed my mind to set quantities to zero, and leave the item in a recipe! That's a game-changer! Thank you for posting this.

Right?! I feel silly for deleting things and then re-adding them later. Good tip!!
  • nicolehardcastle7524
    Options
    I pre log my meals for the next day, and start with dinner ( my favorite) then work my way backwards. Lunch is pretty much the same everyday and I can keep my calories low for breakfast since I’m not really a breakfast person. Then I can plan my snacks depending on the calories I have left.