Workout Clothes for bigger people?

Options
I have been having a hard time finding pants/capris to wear when working out. I have bought a few from Walmart, but they ride up when I jog on the treadmill or do the elliptical. All of the clothing I find at Academy and other fitness stores are still too small. My question is - Is there somewhere I can by size appropriate clothing that is made for exercise, or am I just out of luck till I lose more weight?

Replies

• bflicker11
    bflicker11 Posts: 296
    Options
    Three years ago, I found THE perfect pair of walking and work out pants. I've used them for Zumba, jogging, Body Combat and at the gym. They were at Walmart. They are big on me now but I still wear them because I also have a hard time finding good workout clothes.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Old Navy online has a nice selection of plus size work out clothes that aren't too expenseive.
  • Timeforme714
    Timeforme714 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I found some stretchy capris at Fashion Bug.
  • vespaberrie
    vespaberrie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Try JMS online (just my size) or OSP online (One stop Plus). They have bigger and Tall sizes. Junonia has all kinds of stuff , yoga, jogging,swimm but I think they are kinda expensive.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I bought the Danskin yoga capris/pants from Walmart and I love them!
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Fashion Bug....That's where I found my sweat pants and T-shirt.... :flowerforyou:
  • Aleciajones
    Options
    I'm also a HUGE fan of the walmart Danskins
  • charlottebronte
    Options
    Target has Champion up to size 2X.
  • jquick3
    jquick3 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm adding another vote for Danskin from Walmart. They also have another line of workout clothes that I have bought, but I can't remember the name. I have pants, capris and even shirts from there -- only about $8-$12 each and they fit nice and are comfy.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Try JMS online (just my size) or OSP online (One stop Plus). They have bigger and Tall sizes. Junonia has all kinds of stuff , yoga, jogging,swim but I think they are kinda expensive.
    Ive bought lots of their clothes but I buy clearance, they are sister store to women-with-in and Romans great buys. If all else fails there are mens
  • zoey4316
    zoey4316 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I will definitely go back to Walmart again, and am now planning a trip to fashion bug. I would order online but I am a very self conscious person and wouldn't want to buy something I might hate.

Thanks again for all of the input. :)
  • BeeRod527
    BeeRod527 Posts: 104
    Options
    Bought all my workout pants at Walmart for less than $11. In the meanwhile, I do own some inexpensive but good active tops and sports bras at Old Navy for under $15. Does a good job holding up the boobies.
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    junonia.com

A bit pricey, but man: do they have great workout clothes in larger sizes.
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    junonia.com

A bit pricey, but man: do they have great workout clothes in larger sizes.

Yes! Great fabrics for bike shorts and swimwear. Wasn't fond of this years patterns and colors, but the suits hold up to continuous chlorine exposure. I have several that are jut now begiining to show their age and I have used them for several years. Just be sure to rinse them out after swimming.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I posted a topic about this! JCPenney sells SJB active wear specifically for plus sized women! I just bought myself and shirt and a pair of pants, they fit well and they're quick absorbing so if you sweat you won't feel all sticky and gross. They have capris, shorts, pants, lots of stuff :)
  • nicmacc
    nicmacc Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I hear you! Australia has a poor range of workout clothes in plus sizes. It always makes me annoyed! There is a good online shop here that ships o/s you might want to have a squiz at:

http://www.virtushop.com.au/default.aspx

Good luck with the shopping!
  • 2pinks1blue
    Options
    I would definitely check out Fashion Bug, they have a huge plus size selection of really nice clothing.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i get mine at Old Navy...i have less luck at Wal-Mart and Target. i also buy shorts from the men's sections - they ride up WAY less on me!!
  • cath129
    cath129 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    old navy has reasonably priced items. i've also gotten some great workout capris from athleta, and some styles come in plus sizes