Hey Runners....

Options
CakeFit21
CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
When it's hot outside and you're running in your neighborhood, (or any neighborhood, I guess) do you run through other peoples sprinklers?

If they are running close to the sidewalk, I totally do it. :tongue:

Replies

• PatientBear
    Options
    Hell yes I do!! 105 degree heat, I'll run through any sprinkler, kiddie pool, water hose or wet t-shirt contest I can find!!!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    No...but I have considered it!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    heck yeah. at every opportunity. i've even done it while one guy was moving his. made for a good laugh.
  • 1horsetown
    1horsetown Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I totally need to try that.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I totally need to try that.

it's incredibly refreshing. for a bit.
  • KEShikes
    KEShikes Posts: 110
    Options
    Oh yeah...and the best road races have fans with hoses and sprinklers!
  • reganbrownreynolds
    Options
    I have definitely run through sprinklers. Sometimes, when I am running early in the morning, I run through irrigation sprinklers too. It isn't nearly as hot at 5:15 in the morning, but I love how it feels!
  • mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    YES!! I went out of my way the other day to do just that :)
  • Debi907
    Debi907 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Seriously...I can't resist. Of course I run through puddles after it rains too. :)
  • JJasMyself
    JJasMyself Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! The people that knew me or got used to seeing me run would sometimes even sprinkle me with a hose as I ran past. There used to be people who would do that for the runners during the one local 5 mile race we used to have in my home town. It's so refreshing!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I usually don't 'cause all the sprinklers in front lawns in my neighborhood are only about shin high and it doesn't do anything for me but get my socks wet.
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    I would not have survived last month if I didn't. Hell, I mapped my routes to maximize the spray some days.
  • kellybones
    kellybones Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I run with Little Dog - she INSISTS on running through sprinklers with me. She also bites the sprinkler water, rolls in wet grass and snorfles through puddles - those I do NOT do. But I enjoy the sprinklers out here in AZ.
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    My little heeler runs through them. i don't. She will however, drag me through the middle school field if all their sprinklers are on. She gets what she wants.
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    My little heeler runs through them. i don't. She will however, drag me through the middle school field if all their sprinklers are on. She gets what she wants.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    lol nope.
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I would, but not really an option for my neck of the woods. Besides, I end up running mountain trails anyways. Many years ago I ran out of water during a 3 hour hot bike ride; I did refill my bottles off of someone's sprinkler.
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    I wish... due to the watering laws in San Diego it's almost impossible to find someone watering their lawn.
  • lucythinmint
    Options
    OMG yes!!! I aim for them. Here in Vegas *everyone* has their sprinklers on in the morning and afternoon. They are a godsend when it is so damn hot.

And I feel like a little kid when I do it :D
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    heck ya! If I see one, I make sure I run through it, even if it's in the middle of the stinkin yard :)