Whos doing intermittant fasting?

Options
Ive done it in the past losing over 24lbs but unfortunately didnt drink enough and ended up with kidney stones. Currently ive been just counting cals and eating 3x per day. Im gonna do 12pm - 8pm. Im hoping ill feel fuller with the extra calories i ususlly use up for breakfast. Any advice would be great also id love to know hows it going for you?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I ate according to IF (16-18 hours fast) and three meals, for a year or so. It was great, but I have to spread my meals out more now, because of my schedule has changed. I doubt you'll feel more full, but a good meal schedule should fit in with your day - eat the largest meal when you want to eat your largest meal etc. And drink enough.
  • timlyddon01
    timlyddon01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I tried 5/2 - but that's just too hard to find the motivation continually every 5 days. So about a month ago - just to see if it was possible, I tried a 7 day fast which was a lot easier than you would think and now maintain that with a 12-8. The 12-8 is the key and I would recommend that approach for everyone - whether in the reduction or maintenance phase. I find it also gives me more energy and that I tend to come under my daily calorie count when using it.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I tried 5/2 - but that's just too hard to find the motivation continually every 5 days. So about a month ago - just to see if it was possible, I tried a 7 day fast which was a lot easier than you would think and now maintain that with a 12-8. The 12-8 is the key and I would recommend that approach for everyone - whether in the reduction or maintenance phase. I find it also gives me more energy and that I tend to come under my daily calorie count when using it.

Do you mean 16:8? Intermittent fasting isn’t for everyone. Some people need to eat at more spread out times. Others found their energy suffered.
  • thelegendofsakura89
    thelegendofsakura89 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing 5:2 (5 days eating, 2 days fasting) and on my feeding days I just eat one big meal.
    Weight loss has never been so easy, I love it.
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I eat between 2-10pm. It works for me because if I eat breakfast, I'm ravenous the entire day. So eating later in the day actually decreases my appetite, and I can keep to my calorie goal better. That's why it works for me, and it's not the same for everyone. There is no magic to IF. It doesn't make you lose weight faster. It's just a schedule of eating.
  • tammie614
    tammie614 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    i've been doing it since January and i love it. the first 2 weeks were hard because i was stuck on the motto that i HAD to eat within 30 mins. of waking up, eating every 2-3 hours,etc. it was draining. with IF it became second nature for me. i'm the leanest i've ever been . ultimately, it's just a cute way of being in a calorie deficit but for me, it works. i started off with 16:8, i did 18:6 for minute and even took the plunge and did 20:4 (OMAD) once. i'm used to it for the most part meaning my body doesn't "Crave" breakfast or i'm naturally not as hungry. i do notice that if i do not eat enough i will have a tendency to binge so i make sure that i'm eating enough (satiety). i still track my calories and dont think i'll stop until i reach my goal weight (30 more lbs to go)
  • BigMamaLynsey
    BigMamaLynsey Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I actually found it really easy this morning without food. I actually finally drank some more water as im terrible for water intake. It was nice getting a bigger lunch, i actually felt full. I now have about 700 cals to play with for dinner! Ill make sure i try to use them all up. I wont eat for another 5 hours or that so im hoping i can hold off. If not i have carrots in thw fridge ill graze on 😀