Replies

• GuineaKitty
    GuineaKitty Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Was about to make a thread.No steps added today. :(
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    I found a long way around it for now. Using the PACER app to sync with fitbit then syncing PACER with MFP
  • sfninerfan2
    sfninerfan2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    redhed1971 wrote: »
    Not working for me either. Putting in my exercise manually, and then overnight it syncs...and my data gets all messed up. Also, their Help article on sync problems comes up "Not Available Translated Into English."
    redhed1971 wrote: »
    Not working for me either. Putting in my exercise manually, and then overnight it syncs...and my data gets all messed up. Also, their Help article on sync problems comes up "Not Available Translated Into English."

• BeanyExplorer
    BeanyExplorer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Having same issues for whole of 24th June and today so far.
    MFP Is pushing food submissions and manual exercise (added to test) through to FitBit. But exercise in FB is not pushing through to MFP.
  • sfninerfan2
    sfninerfan2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yea not working for me either. Yesterday it wasn't showing the proper steps and today it completely disappeared from the exercise section on MFP. I'm so frustrated!! Trying to get it back all day and nothing.
  • mandymorrison2013
    mandymorrison2013 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    OK I've logged onto mfp online and disconnected the fitbit then re-connected it, manually synced the fitbit app then synced the mfp app and the steps are there but it doesn't add to them? so suggest doing this at the end of the day. Not great if you want the days calorie count (especially if you find out you could have eaten a bit more) dieting 🤨 Hope they get it fixed quick
  • implosionofme
    implosionofme Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The last time this happened MFP said continually disconnecting and reconnectin just creates a longer backlog of data to sunc once ot was up and running and makes it worse/take longer so I would not keep reconnecting. I personally will probably just either disconnect until its resolved and manually add as I use fit bit to check my cals left anyway, or try the Fitbit > pacer > MFP suggestion

Annoyed as all hell though

Cronometer is a nice alternative btw but not for the "community" aspects. It tracks 60+ nutrients and even tracks the ratios between certain ones as that balance between magnesium/calcium omega 3/omega6 is also important not just hitting the targets. They have a great layoit showing BMR/addition cals burned and synced nicely with my old UP band and my fitbit. They have an app and desktop view, I was even able to add the individual amino acods in my protein shakes amd track those :) Hope that helps!

Sorry for all those also going out of their minds!
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I just checked, mine synced on its own within the last hour or so.
  • Vtailor
    Vtailor Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've had constant issues syncing my Fitbit charge 2 to MFP for the last few days.

Every day I'm having to go on to desktop MFP, disconnect Fitbit. Login to Fitbit web and revoke access. Then logout of both sites and reconnect via MFP desktop. This forces a sync but it's one time only and requires me to repeat all these steps to sync up.

It's getting pretty annoying now.
  • momicelh
    momicelh Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Mine started syncing again, but just stopped again. So annoying!
  • BeanyExplorer
    BeanyExplorer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So it synced yesterday and today it’s not syncing, pretty crap really!!!!
  • angela180681
    angela180681 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same here. Have tried the steps from the below link which makes it sync but then it only syncs for that one occasion and to get a further sync I have to disconnect and then reconnect the fitbit.

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1427466-what-if-data-doesn-t-appear-to-be-syncing-from-fitbit-to-myfitnesspal-

I have checked for updates on my Android phone and it's not that either. Very annoying.
  • liljogreen
    liljogreen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm having same issue. I'm not going to disconnect and reconnect everything everyday just to see an adjustment. I really think it seems like a technical issue they should be addressing however when I've tried to get support on the matter I'm just referred to the disconnect/reconnect article. Not good enough
  • hlewinton
    hlewinton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same issue here too and the discount/reconnect instructions haven't helped!
  • katdav0411
    katdav0411 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This has been going on for days- tired of disconnecting and reconnecting to get my steps. When can we expect this to be resolved.
  • ssouth4759
    ssouth4759 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Anyone found a solution for their Fitbit not syncing? Using the apps are really motivating and so frustrating when they will not sync........anybody used another fitness app....seriously thinking of leaving MFP!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    katdav0411 wrote: »
    This has been going on for days- tired of disconnecting and reconnecting to get my steps. When can we expect this to be resolved.

I would stop connecting and disconnecting. It's unnecessary and it isn't going to fix a wider issue.
  • coffingurl
    coffingurl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    No matter how many times I've disconnected and reconnected it's a temporary solution. Is there anyone working on getting a solution at MFP
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    coffingurl wrote: »
    No matter how many times I've disconnected and reconnected it's a temporary solution. Is there anyone working on getting a solution at MFP

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2945305-fitbit-sync-delays-and-interruptions
  • implosionofme
    implosionofme Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    katdav0411 wrote: »

I would stop connecting and disconnecting. It's unnecessary and it isn't going to fix a wider issue.

And like the last interruptions months ago, it creates a huge back log of 'events' for MfP to process once the issue is resolved, the system will have to process all of the data, AND every disconnect and reconnect as well. Its not good to continually do that. Last outage MFP tech update specifically said what I wrote above, fyi