Intermittent Fasting and Exercise

Options
Hi,

I’ve been following IIFYM for two years now. Now I want to try something different and see how the results differ. Does anyone know when I should train if I’m following a 16:8 IF diet, with the eating window probably between 12pm - 8pm?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    You can train when you like - you may prefer training after eating, not fasted, but that is something you need to experiment with.

Slightly confused as to how incorporating IF is different to tracking your macros? I'm guessing you're still going to be tracking.... And sticking to certain macros? IF is just a meal timing suggestion...
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Depends on a big degree how long and how hard your "training" is.
    For most people's general workouts fed or fasted and timing of their workout is purely personal preference.
    If you currently exercise after food then you may well struggle at first if you start train fasted but you will adapt.
    Experiment and adjust.

Not sure what results you expect from just changing when you eat / don't eat to be honest. Possibly easier adherence to your calorie goal?
    For me it made it harder and I disliked the feeling of an artificially constrained eating window, so the result I got from my experiment was confirmation I do best with the least restrictions.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    There is a little bit of 'it depends' here, but in most cases, you're fine to train fasted.
  • accidentalpancake
    accidentalpancake Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Do a Google search for LeanGains. Pretty much the go to resource for IF and training.