treadmills - any recommendations for one priced $750 or less

Options
I'm hoping to sell my recumbent bike and purchase a treadmill. I've had a NordicTrack treadmill in the past - and loved it. Had knee issues and bought a bike. Since my knees are better, I've gotten back into running. Now I am on the hunt for a good treadmill! Does anyone have any recomendations or advice regarding which ones to stay away from?? Thanks.

Replies

• wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Save $750 and run outside :)

That's just me. I don't play well with treadmills lol
  • tashajasmine
    tashajasmine Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i WAS in the market for a treadmill then started running outside and LOVE it but if you have to have a treadmill Don't get a manual one
  • kuechletwins
    kuechletwins Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I do love running outside - but I live in Minnesota and winter is around the corner. I have been running outside all summer - and adore it. I just don't want to lose my ambition for it when the cold sets in - thus the need for a treadmill!
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Save $750 and run outside :)

That's just me. I don't play well with treadmills lol

YEAH BABY! You also get a daily dose of vitimin D!
  • robersonj
    robersonj Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am from Michigan, so I understand the need to run inside. I'm also a mom, so it's hard to take my two year old out when I run!

We just purchased the ProForm 605. It was $799, but they also had a 505 at Dunham's (not sure if you have that store there) for $599. It has the iFit Live technology, and can also do a workout based on any location in the world using Google Maps...you can literally go anywhere in the world, click somewhere, and make your own course. It will even automatically incline and decline based on the terrain. And you can also run a "marathon" based on popular marathon courses. The iFit Live thing is really nice, too... you can basically have your own personal trainer (Jillian Michaels or Elisabeth Hasselbeck). And I believe they talk to you through the program... I haven't officially done it because we just bought it yesterday.

We had a few installation problems (a wire wasn't plugged in by the motor, so we just thought the thing was dead until my hubby actually opened it up... started right up), and we were sent two right uprights instead of a right and a left, but we drilled our own holes and made due. Other than that, we like it so far. A lot of features...