PMS Diet Ditching

Options
Hey Ladies,

I need a little support in advance! Every month I start the challenge of losing weight and every month I cave when the PMS sets in! I am tired of letting it win over all my hard work. Does anyone else experience this phenomenon? What do you do to deal with it?

Replies

• annabaloo
    Options
    I find daily exercise reduces PMS symptoms (and makes my period lighter). I usually crave chocolate, so I drink skim milk with Nesquik (the 1/3 less sugar one). Good luck!
  • ohamberx0
    ohamberx0 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know myself. For me, 2 weeks before my period I could eat a horse I swear.. sucks because I crave everything. Takes a lotttt of talking myself out of it. A lot of times when I know that time is coming I'll buy a lot of "healthier" foods that I enjoy, so my fridge is stocked and I'd feel guilty for going out and getting something. I'm a sucker for coke zero and unsalted pretzels though.. lol
  • cheetahcub2010
    cheetahcub2010 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Fill yourself up with low calorie foods, I like baby carrots, and give in a little with a small piece of chocolate, a mini snickers or york myself. Hope this helps!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I don't ditch but I do get frustrated because my weight just fluxuates and I never really lose until its over. I was reading about using B vitamins and a combination of calcium and magnesium to reduce water retention. I started half way through my period and got back to losing. Hope this helps.
  • lrappaport
    lrappaport Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I find daily exercise reduces PMS symptoms (and makes my period lighter). I usually crave chocolate, so I drink skim milk with Nesquik (the 1/3 less sugar one). Good luck!

This doesn't seem to do the trick for me : ( I am a belly dancer and I teach Zumba. I exercise a LOT! It's the appetite that gets me in the end. But, I love the Quik idea. I didn't even consider that!
  • lrappaport
    lrappaport Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I don't ditch but I do get frustrated because my weight just fluxuates and I never really lose until its over. I was reading about using B vitamins and a combination of calcium and magnesium to reduce water retention. I started half way through my period and got back to losing. Hope this helps.

This is really interesting! I find that as I age I definitely am "gaining" at least three pounds every month and then "losing" it again because of Aunt Flo! SO FRUSTRATING!