After the flu.........

Options
:huh: My problem is that I have had a flu bug or whatever, felt like trash couldn't eat and was as weak as a kitten. Now I am on the mend but still don't feel like eating ; I don't want to switch off my metabolism by having too few calories but all I am managing is soup and ice cream. Its nearly a week since I had my 1200 calories, usually about 400, not good. Any ideas folks?:tongue:

Replies

• nannascot
    nannascot Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    :huh: My problem is that I have had a flu bug or whatever, felt like trash couldn't eat and was as weak as a kitten. Now I am on the mend but still don't feel like eating ; I don't want to switch off my metabolism by having too few calories but all I am managing is soup and ice cream. Its nearly a week since I had my 1200 calories, usually about 400, not good. Any ideas folks?:tongue:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    protein shakes or smoothies?

similar in consistency to the ice cream, but more nutrition.

But, when you're sick, I say eat what you can and get as much rest as you can.

Feel better soon.:flowerforyou:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    I'm with Viviakay - when you are sick, or recovering, let your body give you the cues.

Eat what appeals to you and don't try to force it. You will get stronger as you go along and the appetite will come back as you need it.. Just focus on getting better right now.

Then you can celebrate the inevitable weight loss from not feeling well and bump up your metabolism when you are ready.

Good luck
  • nannascot
    nannascot Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that, no doubt you are both right, I just don't want to find I put a whole lot more back on again when I start eating!!