Discouraged... Diary help.

Options
I'm not loosing any weight. UGH this is so frusterating!! I'm either a pound over or at the same weight every time I weigh in. I hate this!!! I eat and exercise everyday, can someone look at my diary and help me out?

Replies

• mankp
    mankp Posts: 1
    Options
    Log everything. Skipping the small things will hurt you.

"A small leak will sink a great ship." -Benjamin Franklin
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I do literally log everything. Every time I eat I scan the product on my phone first and it syncs it to this website. I never miss a thing.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I have a few suggestions, you can take them or leave them.

You are eating VERY little. You may be starving your body by not eating enough. When you don't fuel your body, it holds on to fat and eats away at muscle because it's afraid there isn't enough food around. Not to mention, this slows your metabolism greatly, making it harder to lose weight now and in the future.

I think you should be getting in much more protein. I'm on the 1200 calorie diet too and I eat 90g or more a day. My carb/fat/protein ratio is set to 40/30/30 and it's working well.

I also notice you are eating a lot of processed foods, not very much fresh. Stop buying so many things in boxes and bags and go to the produce section! Eat more veggies, fruits, lean meats, and nuts.

Also, considering you are only trying to lose 3 pounds at this point, a 1200 calorie diet seems very low. The closer you are to your goal, the more you should be eating so you can switch to maintenance mode. Even when you reach your goal, fluctuations by a few pounds are completely normal. Don't focus so much on the numbers and focus on your health and fitness. Get your nutrients in and workout to build muscle because you may have lost some already.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    My opinion:

1. What height and weight are you at? You look pretty slim, and your body may be very happy where it's at, so it will be much more difficult to lose more weight. If this is the case, your goal should probably be around 1/2 lb/ week. It will be slow going, but should come off.

2. You are not eating nearly enough. If you are going to keep you calorie goal at 1200, you should be eating at least that. When you exercise, you should eat at least 1/2 of those calories. I looked back five days or so, and there were several days where you were consuming under 1000 calories - no good. Your body wants some fuel. And that was just looking at your food diary, I wasn't paying attention to your net. If you consume around 900 calories, but then burn 300 calories exercising, you are only giving your body 600 calories to run on, so its seems like your body is probably hungry.
  • bdur76
    bdur76 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    It really appears that you aren't eating anywhere near enough calories. Most days you ate between 650 and 850 calories, with so little weight left to lose you souls be eating all of your calories. This is probably why your weight loss has stopped. Your body is trying to hold onto whatever weight it can! Good luck!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating NEARLY enough.
  • rmjj5
    rmjj5 Posts: 55
    Options

You are eating VERY little. You may be starving your body by not eating enough. When you don't fuel your body, it holds on to fat and eats away at muscle because it's afraid there isn't enough food around. Not to mention, this slows your metabolism greatly, making it harder to lose weight now and in the future.

I think you should be getting in much more protein. I'm on the 1200 calorie diet too and I eat 90g or more a day. My carb/fat/protein ratio is set to 40/30/30 and it's working well.

I also notice you are eating a lot of processed foods, not very much fresh. Stop buying so many things in boxes and bags and go to the produce section! Eat more veggies, fruits, lean meats, and nuts.

Also, considering you are only trying to lose 3 pounds at this point, a 1200 calorie diet seems very low. The closer you are to your goal, the more you should be eating so you can switch to maintenance mode. Even when you reach your goal, fluctuations by a few pounds are completely normal. Don't focus so much on the numbers and focus on your health and fitness. Get your nutrients in and workout to build muscle because you may have lost some already.

I agree. There appear to be many days that are under 900 calories and have no fruit, veggies or proteins in them at all.
  • bpe101
    bpe101 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You are eating too little. You should always strive to eat your total amount of calories. No more, no less. Too little will make your body halt the progress of burning fat and start storing thinking it isn't getting enough. Too many will also cause you to store because you are taking in more than you need. It is better to eat more and work out to burn those extra calories than to eat less to create a higher deficit. Your body needs to feel like it is getting enough to ensure weight loss. Half of your daily deficit should come from less calories and half from burning calories through exercise. Hope that helps.
  • SunnyDispo619
    Options

My exact thoughts. You are not eating enough and you eat almost no veggies and fruit. Too much processed food. Also, drink more water. When I do not eat enough, I do not lose weight. I had to learn that lesson time and time again before I finally got it.

Good luck!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    A few things I noticed that I think would help:

1. You are not drinking enough water
    2. I don't see much if any fruits and vegetables
    3. You are eating a lot of dairy I'd cut to once a day
    4. You are eating a lot of processed foods, I'd stick with the natural stuff
    5. As others have said you aren't eating enough calories, so your body thinks you are starving it and will hold on to what you eat

Hope this helps!
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    From first look I would say you need to increase your protein and lower the carbs some. Higher protein always helps me with weight loss. Also if you are exercising you need to eat more.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. Im like 4'11" and about 87.5 pounds and I work out everyday. My main source of cardio is Zumba and on average, every session you burn about 1000 calories. It must admit that not reaching my calorie goal is a mental thing. I suffered from a eating disorder for three years. I am on this site to loose weight and to make sure I eat everyday. In the back of my mind I am still scared to reach my full calorie goal because I am scared of losing weight. It will take some time but I just need to learn that reaching my calorie goal and exercising everyday will balance my weight out.
  • jeepwidow01
    Options
    I agree with Jorra. Just looking over the last week, your caloric intake is consistenly under 1200. Don't undereat to lose weight. Your body will just hang onto what it has so it doesn't starve. Make sure you fuel your body. Get your protein in, and lower the amount of processed food. I understand they are easy to grab & go. Purchase fruits & veggies and then make the time to cut them up when you purchase them, and then put the in snack baggies with the proper serving size in each. Makes it just as easy to grab & go, plus so much heathier for you! Protein will help build lean muscle as well so try to amp that up as well. Sometimes you do need to eat more to lose more :-) Good luck!!
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be leaving 500 or more calories on the table. Your body is going into starvation mode and will actually store fat, not burn it. Eating less, isn't always the key to losing weight, especially when you are working out and burning a lot!

Where's your fruits and vegetables? It doesn't appear you're eating the RIGHT foods! All those carbs and processed foods will pack on weight. You aren't getting the right nutrients your body needs. Add a powder or liquid based HIGH QUALITY multi vitamin to your diet.

Go onto YouTube and search for a show called Supersize Vs Super Skinny. It's a British Show. I think it will give you some motivation. You are heading down a bad road only eating 500-600 calories a day!

From the looks of your photos, you're doing quite well. I know women who would kill for that body!!

Your BMI is: 17.6
    Your target weight range: 91.6 - 123.8 lbs
    You are in what's considered an "Unhealthy BMI" range.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    My whole family is dieting so we constantly fight on who gets to eat the vegetables and fruits in our house. Its nuts, I went to the grocery store and fruit has gone up. I couldn't even find grapefruit which sucks. I'll try and eat more natural foods. Right now its hard cuz I work at the mall most of the time and its all fast foods. I have been mainly bringing my own foods from home and eating them. Lately, I have been pre-planning my meals. I write all the food im going to eat the next day and put it on a post it note for the next morning.

Jeep- I like ur idea about cutting up my fruits and veggies to have them on the go. I used to do that at my internship but with my retail job I forgot. lol
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    You shouldn't be leaving 500 or more calories on the table. Your body is going into starvation mode and will actually store fat, not burn it. Eating less, isn't always the key to losing weight, especially when you are working out and burning a lot!

Where's your fruits and vegetables? It doesn't appear you're eating the RIGHT foods! All those carbs and processed foods will pack on weight. You aren't getting the right nutrients your body needs. Add a powder or liquid based HIGH QUALITY multi vitamin to your diet.

Go onto YouTube and search for a show called Supersize Vs Super Skinny. It's a British Show. I think it will give you some motivation. You are heading down a bad road only eating 500-600 calories a day!

From the looks of your photos, you're doing quite well. I know women who would kill for that body!!

Your BMI is: 17.6
    Your target weight range: 91.6 - 123.8 lbs
    You are in what's considered an "Unhealthy BMI" range.

haha thanks for calculating my bmi. lol I'll work on eating more. its just so hard with my past experiences with my ED, I can't get it over my head that it is ok if I eat 1200 calories.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. Im like 4'11" and about 87.5 pounds and I work out everyday. My main source of cardio is Zumba and on average, every session you burn about 1000 calories. It must admit that not reaching my calorie goal is a mental thing. I suffered from a eating disorder for three years. I am on this site to loose weight and to make sure I eat everyday. In the back of my mind I am still scared to reach my full calorie goal because I am scared of losing weight. It will take some time but I just need to learn that reaching my calorie goal and exercising everyday will balance my weight out.

Just remember that not eating enough will cause permanent damage to your body's metabolism. I'm sure you've heard things like that before if you've suffered from ED. Don't be scared to eat more, food is not the enemy! Your body needs it to survive. Eat more nutritious food and you will feel a lot better.
  • SweetP88
    SweetP88 Posts: 79
    Options
    From the looks of your pics....perhaps you don't really need to lose those 3 pounds....just saying!
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    I just need to buy more fruits and veggies. Its hard when you can't find the right fruit u want or when u have no time to run to the grocery store. Everything is so expensive too!

When I get sick I always loose weight, I was at like 83 pounds the last time. That was way too much for me so I started eating like a pig but u all get what I'm saying? When is flu season coming? lol
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    From the looks of your pics....perhaps you don't really need to lose those 3 pounds....just saying!

thanks!!!!! You made my day.