New to MFP

TINATEEEEE
TINATEEEEE Posts: 4
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone, it seems I share the common goal with all of you, to get healthier and lose weight. I stopped smoking a year ago. Since then, I have put on over 25 pounds. I have my mind set on losing all of that weight and I have been dieting for a couple of months now and I seem to plateau every couple of pounds. It was way easier to keep from gaining when I did smoke. Any good advice out there?

Replies

• Hi everyone, it seems I share the common goal with all of you, to get healthier and lose weight. I stopped smoking a year ago. Since then, I have put on over 25 pounds. I have my mind set on losing all of that weight and I have been dieting for a couple of months now and I seem to plateau every couple of pounds. It was way easier to keep from gaining when I did smoke. Any good advice out there?
  • inkedcelticcross
    inkedcelticcross Posts: 54 Member
    Welcome Aboard. You will love it here and will get some great advise from many.

Typical advise:
    Drink plenty of water,
    Eat reasonably but enough every day (see MFP recommendations), and
    Exercise often.

Dieting doesn't always mean you have to eliminate everything you like from your food comsumption, but maybe just less frequent and less quantity.

Enjoy your trip. Keep us updated on your progress and struggles.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Welcome to MFP. I just know you will love it here, if you don't already. I love this site. It is so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone here is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that you made the right choice in joining this site and good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. Lets see advice: make sure you drink your water, exercise, and watch your sodium intake, if you don't you will retain water.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    welcome!!!
  • Thanks to all of you who responded. I am looking forward to this new venture!
This discussion has been closed.