Stretch Routine

Options
Anyone have any good threads, videos, sites, etc for a full body stretching routine?

Looking to improve my flexibility and add a full routine into my recovery days instead of only stretching before/after lifting.

Replies

• MelmothWanders
    MelmothWanders Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Womp womp
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    My lifting performance improved massively once I started to do Yoga. It's core strength building and stretches you like nothing else! I'd recommend doing a couple of classes so the instructor can put you right on technique and then you can do it at home via YouTube instructors .
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I hate stretching and admittedly don't do enough of it. But Joe Defranco's "Limber 11" (an update of his "Agile 8") is a popular program and gets a lot of recommendations.

https://www.defrancostraining.com/joe-ds-qlimber-11q-flexibility-routine/
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    I hate stretching and admittedly don't do enough of it. But Joe Defranco's "Limber 11" (an update of his "Agile 8") is a popular program and gets a lot of recommendations.

https://www.defrancostraining.com/joe-ds-qlimber-11q-flexibility-routine/

Good to know. I'm gonna check this out. The older I get the more this kinda stuff feels good for me.

I use the dynamix workout from P90x3 its a pretty good 30mins of dynamic stretching and warmup type exercises. Good for mobility on my rest days. Also, I agree with doing Yoga as a companion to lifting. I really enjoy it. Its good way get a stretch, core workout, and work on breathing technique all in one.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Another vote for yoga, it’s the perfect recovery day activity. I personally love the 3 week yoga retreat videos on beach body one demand. The hubs and I do it almost every day. It helps with flexibility, mobility, balance, strength, and posture...we have personally seen these results, it’s been very rewarding!